Thread: Lets not get like the pigs though!

Lets not get like the pigs though!

Very very happy with this season myself but lets not think we have a devine right to win games. Like our leader says, league positions dont mean any games going to be easy. Last night i fancied us to beat QPR but i knew it wouldnt be easy, they still have players like Freeman, Smith and Onohua etc who are solid in this league. Obviously i fancy us to beat Hull AWAY, but remember they were a Premier League club 2 years ago and a draw wouldnt be a bad result but i get that we need wins!

Basically what im trying to say is, if we dont make play offs dont bother being negative towards sir chris or the team because first season back you are expected to just stay up. Remember where we were 2 years ago, so just keep backing them and if we do make the top 6 in our FIRST season on our LOW budget then its a BONUS

UTB

What he said!

But it's automatic promotion for them next season. You know, like it was this......

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    But it's automatic promotion for them next season. You know, like it was this......
    Isn't it still on for this season?,the negative Jos claimed that it was when he took the job,and all these 0-0 victorys must mean they are still on course?

If we don't get second spot Wilder can f u ck right off.
    Anyone would think he'd got us up playing sublime football last season and walking the league and he's made amazing progress building on it this season FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post

Is that from League One ?

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Is that from League One ?
    Sorry, I mean the pub League

Happy with what we've done so far, but not satisfied while there is better in our reach.

Fair point from the OP

But even Wilder himself has said he doesn’t want the mood amongst the players to think they’ve had a good season by comfortably staying up, then towards the end of the season we ease off and finish mid table.

He’s said whilst we have a realistic chance of promotion he wants us to give it a go and aim high.

One thing I will say, is normally I don’t want us anywhere near the playoffs
    But this time I don’t think we have anything to lose, so relatively speaking we can enjoy them.

One day, soon hopefully, SUFC are going to have to deal with the play off 'problem'.

Who better to lead us positively into them than CW with his approach and attitude?

In the past, whether or not we have comfortably qualified for them, or just scraped in, there has been either an expectation that has crushed us or an apprehension that has stifled us.

I just dont see CW thinking about it in those terms.He resuurected us after 6 years in div 3, I feel he can remodel us in the next stage of our development- or just get automatic!

Since i joined this forum i've seen plenty of posts from BLADES statin the hate the prem and everythin it stands for,do they who think this way want us to go up? By the way my question isn't havin a dig at anyone i just wondered.Obviously if we go up or not this season the MESSIAH needs more dosh for next season,even a thicko like me knows this,i'll be amazed if there aint more money to spend in't summer.UTCB

whichever league were in rod weve got to start spending some serious cash but with the 2 co owners we have now i seriously doubt it thats why and its highly possible it could happen we have to have new and substantial investment coming in to the club

There's no arrogance here, weve won what 16? and lost 12. We're capable of turning anyone over in this league but were equally capable of being beaten. That's one of the reasons why this season has been so enjoyable, we've gone for everyone, no Warnock-esque 1 striker defensive crap, no Clough dour football and no Blackwell hoof ball.
    We've played some great stuff all season and had some rank bad luck (Norwich, Villa, Derby away, Forest away) but I don't recall us winning a game this season we didn't deserve to get something from.
    Wolves away is the only time (maybe Cardiff away to a lesser extent) we've been soundly spanked.
    It's been a remarkable season but I agree we'll need two or three players to compete again next season, if we soemhow actually go up via the playoffs we'll need a major overhaul of the squad and it will be interesting to see what backing he's given.
    In the menatime I'm just loving the fact we're Yorkshires number one, playing great attacking football and proving we're not the Dog and Duck like the genuine arrogants of Barca-pigona thought we were going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    There's no arrogance here, weve won what 16? and lost 12. We're capable of turning anyone over in this league but were equally capable of being beaten. That's one of the reasons why this season has been so enjoyable, we've gone for everyone, no Warnock-esque 1 striker defensive crap, no Clough dour football and no Blackwell hoof ball.
    We've played some great stuff all season and had some rank bad luck (Norwich, Villa, Derby away, Forest away) but I don't recall us winning a game this season we didn't deserve to get something from.
    Wolves away is the only time (maybe Cardiff away to a lesser extent) we've been soundly spanked.
    It's been a remarkable season but I agree we'll need two or three players to compete again next season, if we soemhow actually go up via the playoffs we'll need a major overhaul of the squad and it will be interesting to see what backing he's given.
    In the menatime I'm just loving the fact we're Yorkshires number one, playing great attacking football and proving we're not the Dog and Duck like the genuine arrogants of Barca-pigona thought we were going to be.
    And we always play with at least one striker,mostly 2 even away from home,unlike the Arrogants who play with no strikers

yeah like that post johnny e aint it good to have a positive thinking manager after the 2 negative niges think tuftys confidence rubs off on the players but i do agree we need 3 more signings this summer if were still in championship and probably double that if we go up

Agree with most of what you say johnny though Huddersfield might argue they are yorkshires no1

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Agree with most of what you say johnny though Huddersfield might argue they are yorkshires no1
    Sorry got blinkered on Championship but youre absolutely right, Huddersfield flying the county flag in the top league.