+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets not get like the pigs though!

Lets not get like the pigs though!

Very very happy with this season myself but lets not think we have a devine right to win games. Like our leader says, league positions dont mean any games going to be easy. Last night i fancied us to beat QPR but i knew it wouldnt be easy, they still have players like Freeman, Smith and Onohua etc who are solid in this league. Obviously i fancy us to beat Hull AWAY, but remember they were a Premier League club 2 years ago and a draw wouldnt be a bad result but i get that we need wins!

Basically what im trying to say is, if we dont make play offs dont bother being negative towards sir chris or the team because first season back you are expected to just stay up. Remember where we were 2 years ago, so just keep backing them and if we do make the top 6 in our FIRST season on our LOW budget then its a BONUS

UTB

What he said!

But it's automatic promotion for them next season. You know, like it was this......

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    But it's automatic promotion for them next season. You know, like it was this......
    Isn't it still on for this season?,the negative Jos claimed that it was when he took the job,and all these 0-0 victorys must mean they are still on course?

If we don't get second spot Wilder can f u ck right off.
    Anyone would think he'd got us up playing sublime football last season and walking the league and he's made amazing progress building on it this season FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post

Is that from League One ?

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Is that from League One ?
    Sorry, I mean the pub League

Happy with what we've done so far, but not satisfied while there is better in our reach.

Fair point from the OP

But even Wilder himself has said he doesn’t want the mood amongst the players to think they’ve had a good season by comfortably staying up, then towards the end of the season we ease off and finish mid table.

He’s said whilst we have a realistic chance of promotion he wants us to give it a go and aim high.

One thing I will say, is normally I don’t want us anywhere near the playoffs
    But this time I don’t think we have anything to lose, so relatively speaking we can enjoy them.

One day, soon hopefully, SUFC are going to have to deal with the play off 'problem'.

Who better to lead us positively into them than CW with his approach and attitude?

In the past, whether or not we have comfortably qualified for them, or just scraped in, there has been either an expectation that has crushed us or an apprehension that has stifled us.

I just dont see CW thinking about it in those terms.He resuurected us after 6 years in div 3, I feel he can remodel us in the next stage of our development- or just get automatic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast