+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello (and info request)

Hello (and info request)

Been a FM voyeur for a good few years now, but thought I just thought I’d join the fray as you guys seem to be having all the fun.

Feel free to unleash noob abuse posts.

Anyway, I’m over for the Boro and Wolves games next week and just need a bit of advice:
    My mum lives in Billingham, so I’m on a carer visit as well.
    What is the best mode of transport for me to get from the riverside, after leaving the away end?
    Hopefully some “smoggy whites”on here can help”
    I’ve not lived there for 40 years, so have’nt a clue.

Boro is a Friday evening fixture - 7.45pm. (2600 from Leeds).
    Allow time if your having to collect tickets at ground for entry.
    The Train & Bus station are together in Middlesborough centre.

Walking to the ground from town centre is about 20 minutes (I'd advise you to NOT wear Leeds colours 'tho) Riverside is easy to find as its we'll sign posted so just follow the crowd,distance 1 mile.Plenty of food options along route and the ground is well catered for food & drink as its used as a Conference centre during the week so has all facilities.
    To get there by foot - exit the station on Bridge Street East and walk along Dock Street towards the River Tees for the most "scenic route" to the stadium. Eventually you will come to the smaller Scott’s Road which will take you all the way to Boro’s ground, even crossing a bridge en route (or if wearing Leeds colours you may end up swimming under it).

For public bus transport from city centre ....... 2 X routes.
    For the safer buses which serve this route - as follows: 36, 37, 38, 456 and 611 and most fans get off at Cineworld complex terminus and walk the last 5 minutes to stadium.
    Or another bus from Stand 15 Central bus station to Middlesborough College clock tower will get you to within a 5 minute walk to stadium also.
    https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Middlesbr...erside-Stadium

Taxi from Bus/Train station will take 5 mins costing £6/£10.

By car ...... Sat nav Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough TS3 6RS.
    https://www.mfc.co.uk/supporter-serv...to-the-stadium

For public bus transport from Billingham to Middlesborough these routes may be applicable for the 20 mins journey.
    https://bustimes.org/services/34-mid...-middlesbrough

For trains .... https://www.thetrainline.com/train-t...-mar-2018/1710

Leeds United official supporters branch in Teeside have a Twitter contact so maybe someone on that could offer you lift solutions for your visit to ER against Wolves from Billingham.
    https://www.leedsunited.com/news/tea...mbers-br-clubs

Have a great time,sing loud,stay sober & keep safe !

Ps Officials from HMRC arrived on the Isle of Man on Tuesday to begin overseeing a review of the 231 refunds issued to private jet owners by Manx customs since 2011 in a scheme which has allowed multimillionaires to avoid £790m in VAT payments.
    Not flying in then I assume Pip ?
    MOT

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks MrsORS.......No, I’m not bringing the jet.
    I was brought up in Teesside many years ago (Ayresome park days) and, as a born Leeds fan, I totally understand the dangers of wearing my colours en route. I’m just trying to get to and from the ground without walking any distance, if possible. No way am I walking to and from town at that time on a Friday night.
    Cheers for input....Teesside branch is a good call 👍

Enjoy the games.

This lot will also try to help you regarding Wolves if they can ............
    https://www.leedsunitedsupportersclub.org.uk/branches/

Ayresome Park days ......... yeah thank goodness they've passed - still sends a shudder down the spine remembering standing in the corner slot allocated to away fans.Getting to & from the ground in one piece required SAS precision manoeuvres in those days - not that bad nowadays 'tho.

Cheers. I’m fine with the home games, got all that sussed in about 1968 😂....always manage 4/5 visits each season.
    Last away game was v Sunderland, when young Milner scored.
    Happy days eh?

Mrs O knows her stuff - she might even get to the odd game herself!

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Mrs O knows her stuff - she might even get to the odd game of thrones herself!
    Mrs O is in GOT - ooooo which character?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Mrs O is in GOT - ooooo which character?
    Not totally sure, but I'd definitely watch out for dragons if you get on her wrong side......

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Not totally sure, but I'd definitely watch out for dragons if you get on her wrong side......

Dont you mean Rearside ?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Dont you mean Rearside ?
    Said with a lisp?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)