+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AFC Sunderland- what is going on?!

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I remember last season a fan phoned into talksport, he sounded very knowledgeable and stated that his team were done for and that he wouldn't be surprised at administration.
    He mentioned the owners had took out a loan of 100M at an interest rate of 16% and said they couldn't possibly pay it off.
    Bad years ahead for them i'm afraid.
    They are currently paying 8 million pounds a year in bank interest alone

Why feel sorry for them

I hope they get relegated and go bust.

Spending more than they can afford or ever pay back to try and stay in the premiership dream.

Going down going down going down.

[QUOTE=welovebooth;38810104]Why feel sorry for them

I hope they get relegated and go bust.

Wouldn't wish that on anyone (well maybe a certain team based in S6)
    We've nearly been there more than once, wasn't nice.

Football needs to press the Financial Re-Set button

Yes it does and it will happen. But its the fans that suffer, it wasn't that long ago when we were in the same position. They have my full sympathy, but the bubble will burst and there will be casualties. Just grateful that we are in a current state of relative stability.

Best thing that could happen to english football is the top 6 bugger off and join a European League and Sky follow them .

It will leave the rest of us to make our way under our own steam and whatever tv deal we get and put an end to this madness .

The only thing that interests me in the PL is the relegation scrap , proper interesting .

A 8 way fight to win it minus the top 6 would be even better .

Go to europe please and be gone , you won't be missed .

I dont think you can put the problems of Sunderland down to the past couple of seasons. They've had 17 managers since 2002. No long term plan or building and development in the last 17 years.

I have a few mates who are Sunderland fans. They have a habit of getting on managers backs and start the process of driving them out as soon as they lose a game. Chickens coming home to roost. Then fans desert the sinking ship.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Best thing that could happen to english football is the top 6 bugger off and join a European League and Sky follow them .

It will leave the rest of us to make our way under our own steam and whatever tv deal we get and put an end to this madness .

The only thing that interests me in the PL is the relegation scrap , proper interesting .

Absolutely dont agree. The Premier League is a true World brand. We should be immensely proud.

Nothing better when I work in China, South Asia and Middle East to see how big our game is.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I know what you mean but the club gave him the contract. They didn't even include a relegation clause to cut his pay in the event of relegation. Presumably his agent told him to refuse to sign if the clause was in.

If he had been brilliant and they could have made a few mill on him they wouldn't have shared it with him.

The other side of the coin is Mahrez at Leicester. No doubt dead chuffed to sign a contract, accept the security it gives him and a decent wage. He makes a name for himself there and chucks the dummy out when they won't let him head off for untold riches elsewhere. He didn't have the confidence in himself to ask for a shorter contract or a buy-out clause when he signed. I've no sympathy with him or Sunderland.
    I agree with all that Wrinkly.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post

Football needs to press the Financial Re-Set button
    It's too late for that unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I doubt if Sky will win the next contract as companies such as Amazon and Neflix will blow them out of the water with what they'll offer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast