+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should another board be opened for O/T subjects?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: An O/T Board

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    As in the amount of posts on the O/T threads? Or the amount of posts on the regular boards? I always hoped that the heavy contributions on the O/T threads drew those participants back to the boards and into footy related posts too. Did the amount of footy related posts drop off when the O/Ts were removed? Interesting how it works.

Thanks mods for yer ongoing work on these boards.

I'm fine with how it was, easy for folks to not click on o/t posts, or skim/ignore lengthy posts.
    What would be good is if I could change the colour of the title of O/T threads but it won't let me.

The post tally on both didn't move and the second thread I put there died completely.

Thanks for the kind words.

You did a good job with this poll, Frog. It brought a bit of clarity to what hadn't been measured for a while and nobody could argue with that.

I actually thought you were onto something with your experimental approach to shelving the lengthier OT posts elsewhere in an attempt to allow football related ones to stay longer on the main page. Are you saying that in the end doing this didn't actually achieve your objective?

I would offer one piece of constructive feedback - and it's meant well. If you are going to experiment with moving OT posts in the middle of a poll to determine whether we do or don't need a separate OT board, make sure you tell everybody you're going to do it before you start and make it clear that this is just to try out a possible compromise solution.

(If you did do this, apologies - but I never saw anything and obviously a few others didn't either...)

I must say I was a bit miffed when I saw it but - after understanding what you were trying to do - fully supported the aim of the experiment, as you know.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    You've just reminded me that I need to talk to his wife. She's far too good for him!
    You may find Mrs Villa already knows that fact.
    Went to his local pre-match to buy him a drink unfortunately he wasn't in. He may have been working to pay for one of his many holidays in the Med.
    Lost his phone no. as well.

Forgot to thank you & CAM for trying something different & thanks for letting democracy rule.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345