+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should another board be opened for O/T subjects?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An O/T Board

An O/T Board

Members,

There have been requests for an O/T board. For those who are not sure of what an O/T board is let me explain. CAM, FootyMad and I would open another board connected to MillersMad which allows none football topics to be discussed.

In theory this board would be retained for football issues only and any Other Topics such as politics, other sports, music and help to follow members will be posted on the O/T board.

You won't have to register or sign into another board. What you will have to do is clic onto the icon 'Rotherham United FC' at the top then click on to the O/T board to access it.

The moderators are split on this so we are holding a poll to gauge what your thoughts are. The fears we have are that racism and insults that risk legal action along with other things that cause other members to stop posting will increase and us moderators will have too much work to do to be able to moderate the two boards.

The threats of legal action are real on these types of forums. If the board was to split and any of the things written in the last paragraph happen then it will result in the second board closing.

The mods are in agreement that we need enough members to poll their vote on this topic to make this happen.

Please give your opinion on this subject along with your vote.

Thanks, Frog. It's probably a good idea to revisit this idea since there have been a number of people who have raised it recently.

My vote is against splitting into two boards. You asked for opinions - so here goes.

As you know, we tried this a few years ago and after a relatively short period reverted to a single board. My recollection is that people felt we were dividing into two communities and there wasn't any real value in keeping the subjects apart. I believe the traffic reduced overall as a result.

My concern is that we need liquidity to keep this board going and this comes from people casually reading into a varied menu of topics. This is more easily done if all those topics are in one place. Of course, clicking between boards is simple but anything that might inhibit people from sampling everything that is available is a step in the wrong direction, in my view.

I think the Millers Banter forum suffered from the fact that it had two separate boards.

We always struggle with some of our, let's say, more eccentric posters. I feel there is a danger that, if we create a separate board for OT, these will proliferate. An OT board, I feel encourages extremes, backbiting and silliness. Of course it can be really enjoyable as well since it creates a kind of "club" where like-minded people get together. I see that but I don't think that outweighs the advantage of keeping an homogenous overall group.

Whatever, we decide, it won't change my involvement. There are critics of what goes on but, overall, this is a worthwhile place to come to for news and views about the Millers as well as a wide range of other topics.

I was one who moaned but mainly the politics thread that some only post on and ignore Millers threads

But after reading some points about O/T I’ve decided to vote No don’t open another board (I’ll probably still moan about it)

Can't vote as i'm on mobile, and cannot log in on the laptop for some reason (ive sent a message to footymad via the auto link but had no reply, can you mods help?)
    Anyway, as you know i post on both O/T and footy boards and think its fine just the way it is, i can flit from being a marxist communist revolutionary(&#128521 back to a miller in the blink of an eye.It's easy to ignore an O/T thread purely on the title, so don't really see an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Can't vote as i'm on mobile, and cannot log in on the laptop for some reason (ive sent a message to footymad via the auto link but had no reply, can you mods help?)
    Anyway, as you know i post on both O/T and footy boards and think its fine just the way it is, i can flit from being a marxist communist revolutionary(��) back to a miller in the blink of an eye.It's easy to ignore an O/T thread purely on the title, so don't really see an issue.
    Have you sent a message to admin? Is your password not being recognized?have you tried logging in with your username and your email address?

I'll add your vote on the do nots for you at the end of the vote

14 days left to vote

Separate Board please

Separate board please from my perspective The Millers are doing better now and we’ve done for quite awhile and still there seems to be a proliferation of non-football related threads and I know I have sometimes started them or joined in but having said that I would still prefer to be a separate board because some of the political threads apart from being incredibly repetitive are creating a lot of antagonism amongst us - as if we don’t have enough in the world already ! Surely this board should be about what the problem is about being United - at least in football matters

I’m gonna say no

Separate board please

No seperation

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast