+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should another board be opened for O/T subjects?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: An O/T Board

Why all the moaning? Those that want O/T nip o'er to 'other site'

This poll closes at 9pm tonight so if you've not had your say do it before it's too late.

Thanks everyone for your participation and for the comments of those who didn't vote.

It is clear and has been for a while that the majority don't want another board for O/T threads so the set up stays as it is.

Whilst the poll was on it looked likely that this would be the outcome so I looked at other ways of changing the appearance of O/T threads on the front page. This didn't have the effect I desired or that was acceptable to change things in a positive way so I won't be doing it again.
    This move made the news on other forums and has made me famous! Any publicity is good publicity so thanks you guys !

In brief, it was asked if we could have another board for O/T threads by a few members. That was seen and a poll was run to find the if the idea was acceptable for everyone. It wasn't so everything stays as it is.

Again thanks for your participation.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Thanks everyone for your participation and for the comments of those who didn't vote.

It is clear and has been for a while that the majority don't want another board for O/T threads so the set up stays as it is.

Whilst the poll was on it looked likely that this would be the outcome so I looked at other ways of changing the appearance of O/T threads on the front page. This didn't have the effect I desired or that was acceptable to change things in a positive way so I won't be doing it again.
    This move made the news on other forums and has made me famous! Any publicity is good publicity so thanks you guys !

In brief, it was asked if we could have another board for O/T threads by a few members. That was seen and a poll was run to find the if the idea was acceptable for everyone. It wasn't so everything stays as it is.

In what way didn't it have the effect you wanted Froggie? What was wrong with your idea? I think it achieved what many wanted, less O/T presence at the top of the boards. I thought that's what most folks wanted?!

Yippee !!

Don't click on the O/T threads you're not interested in.
    Click on and reply to the footy threads if that's what one prefers.

Famous on another site !!.....I too must be famous.....I've been classed as one of your cronies....as if.
    Maybe I ought to stop replying otherwise some sites will think I'm part of a 'clique'...

Put the O/T back up on the main board ....there's a good lad...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    In what way didn't it have the effect you wanted Froggie? What was wrong with your idea? I think it achieved what many wanted, less O/T presence at the top of the boards. I thought that's what most folks wanted?!
    I've been watching closely to see what happens with O/T threads and apart from 2 days out of the 15 when I moved the 3 threads the ammount of posts didn't increase. I'll keep an eye on what happens in future and make decisions on individual threads but I'm keeping it as it is for now.

The thing I and CAM must do is make it quick and easy for you all to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Yippee !!

Don't click on the O/T threads you're not interested in.
    Click on and reply to the footy threads if that's what one prefers.

Famous on another site !!.....I too must be famous.....I've been classed as one of your cronies....as if.
    Maybe I ought to stop replying otherwise some sites will think I'm part of a 'clique'...

Put the O/T back up on the main board ....there's a good lad...
    I'll be out of your beer debt one day and then we can part forever my friend. It may take a few years as you're much quicker at getting to the bar than I.

I'll be out of your beer debt one day and then we can party forever my friend. It may take a few years as you're much quicker at getting to the bar than I.
    Yeah, I'm quicker than you to the bar, even with crutches.

Fortunately Villamiller is quicker than both of us at getting to the bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Yeah, I'm quicker than you to the bar, even with crutches.

Fortunately Villamiller is quicker than both of us at getting to the bar...
    Yoéu've just reminded me that I need to talk to his wife. She's far too good for him!

I've been watching closely to see what happens with O/T threads and apart from 2 days out of the 15 when I moved the 3 threads the ammount of posts didn't increase. I'll keep an eye on what happens in future and make decisions on individual threads but I'm keeping it as it is for now.

The thing I and CAM must do is make it quick and easy for you all to use.
    As in the amount of posts on the O/T threads? Or the amount of posts on the regular boards? I always hoped that the heavy contributions on the O/T threads drew those participants back to the boards and into footy related posts too. Did the amount of footy related posts drop off when the O/Ts were removed? Interesting how it works.

Thanks mods for yer ongoing work on these boards.

I'm fine with how it was, easy for folks to not click on o/t posts, or skim/ignore lengthy posts.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast