+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 42 points to play for ?

42 points to play for ?

If we took half of the points on offer , that would take us to 49 , which this season would be enough to stay up ?
    Yes or no
    will we get them points ?
    Yes from me ( we surely are due a decent run )

I think the next 3 games are crucial, and we will have a pretty good idea after those. We are relying on other teams to lose as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    If we took half of the points on offer , that would take us to 49 , which this season would be enough to stay up ?
    Yes or no
    will we get them points ?
    Yes from me ( we surely are due a decent run )
    Trying desperately to make a case and I can't in all honesty .

Problem is we can't score goals , we are always likely to concede at least one and we haven't scored more than one in a game since Birmingham at home in November and we need wins .

Bradshaw's badly out of form and confidence , Moore looks out of his depth , Thiam's managed a single penalty thus far which leaves McBurnie and it's alot to place on young shoulders .

Midfield hardly inspires confidence either , we are looking at 5 or 6 wins to get us safe .

Nope just don't see it myself .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Trying desperately to make a case and I can't in all honesty .

Problem is we can't score goals , we are always likely to concede at least one and we haven't scored more than one in a game since Birmingham at home in November and we need wins .

Bradshaw's badly out of form and confidence , Moore looks out of his depth , Thiam's managed a single penalty thus far which leaves McBurnie and it's alot to place on young shoulders .

Midfield hardly inspires confidence either , we are looking at 5 or 6 wins to get us safe .

Nope just don't see it myself .

Totally agree. Relegation for me too sadly

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Totally agree. Relegation for me too sadly
    Looking at the relegation fight back catalogue players step up and come to the party .

Chris O'Grady , Jason Scotland , Marlon Harewood .

Jonny Macken , Daniel whats his name who went to the blunts , Jemal Campbell Rice .

Istevan Ferenci , Daniel Nardiello , Brian Howard .

So where are the big players amongst the current crop ?

The problem is they are all young , inexperienced and lacking confidence , who amongst this lot can grab the bull by the horns ?

Me neither .

Mallan, Moore, Mcburnie, Thiam

I will guess that 46 pts will keep sumdi up this season because there are six very poor teams darn theear who find wins very hard to get.
    That means another 18pts from 14 games, summat like W5 D3 L6 is needed. There are plenty of games where we will find it hard to gerra point such as Cardiff A, Boro A, Ipswich A, Leeds A, Derby A and plenty where we will do well to get a point such as Norwich H, Bristol City H, Sheff Utd H, It leaves us needing to step up and win the winnable games--Brum A, Hull A, Millwall H, Forest A, Bolton H, Brentford H. Mooist thought that Burton was winnable.

The last similar carry on was with Flickers Special People Group and that last day at Huddersfield. Wiv not got the experienced lads up front who know all the crafty tricks such as Scotland and O'Grady so it's down to the young lads.
    I hope the new Head Coach and his team can use all their continental big club experience to get us through these relegation dog feyts to come but sadly it's a no from me. I wud luvvit, luvvit if I am proved wrong. Either way al be theear next season cheering on whoever is laikin forrus ageean whoever we laik.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-02-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I will guess that 46 pts will keep sumdi up this season because there are six very poor teams darn theear who find wins very hard to get.
    That means another 18pts from 14 games, summat like W5 D3 L6 is needed. There are plenty of games where we will find it hard to gerra point such as Cardiff A, Boro A, Ipswich A, Leeds A, Derby A and plenty where we will do well to get a point such as Norwich H, Bristol City H, Sheff Utd H, It leaves us needing to step up and win the winnable games--Brum A, Hull A, Millwall H, Forest A, Bolton H, Brentford H. Mooist thought that Burton was winnable.

The last similar carry on was with Flickers Special People Group and that last day at Huddersfield. Wiv not got the experienced lads up front who know all the crafty tricks such as Scotland and O'Grady so it's down to the young lads.
    I hope the new Head Coach and his team can use all their continental big club experience to get us through these relegation dog feyts to come but sadly it's a no from me. I wud luvvit, luvvit if I am proved wrong. Either way al be theear next season cheering on whoever is laikin forrus ageean whoever we laik.
    Agree. I'd earmarked the same games for points SBRed and had us down for 45 pts lowest and 51 highest total. That's been revised again to 46 or 48 pts.

I do think in fairness to the team. If they'd got chance to replay the Burton game they would win it 9 times out of 10. They let everyone down first half.

I've resigned myself to relegation , yes there's chance we can escape but I've seen nothing thus far that suggests we can , much in the same way Wilson's " dead fish eyes " mob didn't offer too much hope either .

What will be will be , a catalogue of mistakes in recruitment and giving the HC far too much to do , the owners sad illness , new ownership and passing , a new HC with no time and the window shut to save the day .

Behind the scenes relationships had become frosty before finally breaking down altogether , any success we enjoy is generally attained when everyone is together , we aren't a club who does drama particularly well .

At the end of the day it's all about the players , heading towards March and the new HC is once again going to be making changes , the last one couldn't find the winning hand either and nowt suggests he will given he's working with the same group .

Just as I see it and I would genuinely love to make a positive endorsement but I can't .

Burton , Sunderland and ourselves to take the drop and I suspect we could be down well before the last game along with Sunderland .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 22-02-2018 at 10:54 AM.

I expect relegation this season anyway so would be more shocked if we survived

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast