+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evans back as captain

I doubt Mozza would have been a very good captain this season.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Everything thats wrong with the modern game. A player that doesn't want to be here, a drunk, a thief, someone who will be gone as soon as he Captains us into the championship.
    What message does that give to the likes of Mozza and Brunt?

I would have had him training with the kids until someone bought him.
    Weak management imo.
    Really can’t see the point at the moment.

Easiest thing would be just drop Evans but we need to win matches and I am yet to be convinced that we have a better chance of doing that without him. Once he is picked he is one of the few leaders on the park so for me I am very happy that he is captain for what is a must win game. Just needs to help us deliver 3 points on Saturday and then many more after that to the end of the season.

For me if pardew gives him back the armband its just one big p1$$ take and a two fingered salute to the fans and puts pardew at serious risk of the sack should we lose on Saturday

I’m more concerned about the thought of him playing at left back again!

Any manager who thinks Evans can play LB should be sacked.

For me Brunt,Dawson or G Mac are captains.

It’ll be up to Brunt and Morrison to dig us out of the Champ again when the others p I s s off!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m more concerned about the thought of him playing at left back again!

Any manager who thinks Evans can play LB should be sacked.

For me Brunt,Dawson or G Mac are captains.

It’ll be up to Brunt and Morrison to dig us out of the Champ again when the others p I s s off!!

Your right there! Livermore though will be saying to himself, moving is justified as he's an England International

Evans is a good captain. Bad Taxi passenger but good captain. I can tell you why the likes of Mozza isnt a captain just by watching some of his interviews. To be a captain you need leadership qualities, to be able to see something and bark it out with confidence and presence, thats why Brunt isnt captain material either. Both good players, but a captain has to be something more than that. People have to listen when you speak, in short you have to be a leader. Not many of those in my experience. Lots of followers, very few leaders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)