+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Brian McKandie trial

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Moving high courts is down to where the judge will be sitting. So that's why you'll hear "he'll be sentenced next month in Aberdeen" when is trial was in Glasgow, etc.

It'll just be legal debates.
    Yeah probably some legal shenanigans going on. I don't think I've ever known a case to stop half way through the actual murder trial and then reconvene in a different city with no word of why it was halted. I heard the 2 other people who were accused have killed themselves and this guy Sidebottom is going to try and pin all the blame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Yeah probably some legal shenanigans going on. I don't think I've ever known a case to stop half way through the actual murder trial and then reconvene in a different city with no word of why it was halted. I heard the 2 other people who were accused have killed themselves and this guy Sidebottom is going to try and pin all the blame on them.
    Not that unsual, cases stop all the time for legal debates. Something was maybe said by a witness and so on. Legal debates wouldn't be discussed in public or even in front of a jury. The next available time will be when the judge is sitting in Aberdeen. Standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Not that unsual, cases stop all the time for legal debates. Something was maybe said by a witness and so on. Legal debates wouldn't be discussed in public or even in front of a jury. The next available time will be when the judge is sitting in Aberdeen. Standard.
    Cheers Aldo. Us teuchters have to make the most of a murder case, we don't get too many up this way.

The boy Steven Sidebottom was found guilty.

Maybe now we'll find out a bitty mair about this case, cos supposedly there was other sh1t going on as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    The boy Steven Sidebottom was found guilty.

Maybe now we'll find out a bitty mair about this case, cos supposedly there was other sh1t going on as well.....
    Soon as he was lying about the length of time in Fyvie I thought busted ye c@nt

I too want to hear all the facts. Also how much dosh he had kicking aboot. undreds of grands supposedly

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Also how much dosh he had kicking aboot. undreds of grands supposedly

A friend in Inverurie tells me apart from tins of dosh dotted all over the house he had "several" bank accounts amounting to nearly £800,000 ..Must have been some mechanic !

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    A friend in Inverurie tells me apart from tins of dosh dotted all over the house he had "several" bank accounts amounting to nearly £800,000 ..Must have been some mechanic !
    Interesting few days in the EE ahead

Was the trial held in private? If he's been found guilty why has the trial not been reported so far?

Not that I've been home to get the paper, it maybe has been covered has it?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Was the trial held in private? If he's been found guilty why has the trial not been reported so far?

Not that I've been home to get the paper, it maybe has been covered has it?
    Come to think of it Mondo min. Where did you get all the money to travel Europe for eternity?????

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Come to think of it Mondo min. Where did you get all the money to travel Europe for eternity?????
    I follow JackJarvis' betting advice.

Failing that I go around clubbing o.a.p's with blunt instruments.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast