+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Brian McKandie trial

The Brian McKandie trial

Anyone been following this? There has been updates in all the papers up until the start of this week. I presume the trial has had to be deferred for some unknown reason.

From what's been mentioned so far it seems the police have ballsed it up from the get go.

Couple of questions....

How can this Sidebottom guy be charged with robbery? Surely the police couldn't have found stolen cash on him nearly a year after the murder, and if they did how could they tie it to McKandie?

Why did it take 3 days before someone thought to class the house as a crime scene?

What was found in the police search of the back road to Fyvie that lead to the arrest a day later?

Can't believe the old guy had 190 grand stashed around his house.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Aha! That answers that question.
    Walked past the court hoose this morning & saw a boorachie of reporters/photographers and a few satellite vans parked in the Castlegate.
    I wondered what was occurring.

Clean went out of my head until I saw this post. Can't help with your queries as unaware of case but cheers for enlightening me.
    Would have been for that evil f*cker who was allowed out of a murder sentence to batter a woman half to death with a dumb bell.

Saw a bit of that on the news earlier. The footage of him coming out of court as a 15 year old murderer sends shivers down the spine.

Heard last Friday that Sidebottom is out on bail and that they have until August to make the case or he will walk free on the murder charge

Quote Originally Posted by bucky1973 View Post
    Heard last Friday that Sidebottom is out on bail and that they have until August to make the case or he will walk free on the murder charge
    The actual murder trial had started though. Is it possible to get bail a week or 2 in to your murder trial? I think they've ballsed this one right up, I reckon the boy will get off with it.

So no word why the original trial in Aberdeen was suddenly stopped but the boy Sidebottom is due in Glasgow high court next month for his first appearance. Strange one.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    So no word why the original trial in Aberdeen was suddenly stopped but the boy Sidebottom is due in Glasgow high court next month for his first appearance. Strange one.
    That was a strange one - I did wonder what had happened to that. Maybe there was some objection taken to certain of the evidence and it was that which caused the delay in the trial to take place. It would be interesting to know what had actually happened.

Well they certainly aren't throwing up any answers yet. The sidebotton guy had his day in court in Glasgow and the judge there has set a 4 week trial date starting in January back in Aberdeen.

So that's murder trial halted unexpectedly half way through his trial at high court aberdeen. Moved down to Glasgow for a new trial date before being ordered back up to Aberdeen for a trial date in January.

Have we not got any legal eagles on here who could shed a bit of light on what's going on?

Have we not got any legal eagles on here who could shed a bit of light on what's going on?
    There’s loads on here. You just need Derek McInnes to sign him up first

Well they certainly aren't throwing up any answers yet. The sidebotton guy had his day in court in Glasgow and the judge there has set a 4 week trial date starting in January back in Aberdeen.

So that's murder trial halted unexpectedly half way through his trial at high court aberdeen. Moved down to Glasgow for a new trial date before being ordered back up to Aberdeen for a trial date in January.

Moving high courts is down to where the judge will be sitting. So that's why you'll hear "he'll be sentenced next month in Aberdeen" when is trial was in Glasgow, etc.

It'll just be legal debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There’s loads on here. You just need Derek McInnes to sign him up first
    Too right. That was amusing reading all that sh@te at the time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast