+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a happy clapper?

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    I don't mind the Happy Clappers, the ones who get me and the we are one nil down to either of the Old Firm and its only 15 minutes in, and they walk out voicing their disgust as they wade through everyone else in panic mode trying to get out

Likewise, we get the 4.15 PM brigade, of I am off to catch my bus/ train / car even if its a game we are winning

I despise and hate these folk intently , part time supporters they lot of them
    Never understand why they bother to turn up
    Week in week out, its like they have an alarm coat in their pocket, oh its quarter past four, I'm off, more important things to do apparenetly

I wonder if they do the same when they go to the cinema walkout 20 minutes before the end

No Happy Cappers I can tolerate its those arseholes I cannot abide
    Never once witnessed anyone leaving after going a goal down after 15 mins. Three down at half time in a hampden semi thousands left, granted, myself included. Folk heading out at 4 15 on a regular basis, again, never seen this.
    Pant pishing

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Never once witnessed anyone leaving after going a goal down after 15 mins. Three down at half time in a hampden semi thousands left, granted, myself included. Folk heading out at 4 15 on a regular basis, again, never seen this.
    Pant pishing

I've probably walked out early in a handful of games over the years (the most recent being the league cup final)
    I hate walking out early, but there's been the odd occasion where you just can't suffer watching your team get beat to death. to be honest it's the leaving early to avoid hearing the abuse that some folk around you are giving the team when they are failing miserably. I've Never left a game when we are only one goal behind, never understand that mentality.

In China, it's a person who spends all day on the toilet.

Ill get my coat

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Pant pishing
    I have seen people leave at 4:15 plenty times personally. Around about me in the lower RDS there are some non-season ticket seats that remain empty most games, but when it gets to "big" games, they tend to be filled by utter wallopers. These are the guys that lose their sh!t at the most minor issues and walk out when they feel it isnt going our way. I usually say "see you at the next Sevco/Celtic game" when they leave.

I understand that there are those who cant help but be PT supporters with work commitments, distance etc, but these numpties do not fall under these categories.

These are the guys that lose their sh!t at the most minor issues and walk out when they feel it isnt going our way

The quicker they are to lose their brad pitt, the quicker they are to walk out.

I don't like Derek's conservative game management, his use of substitutions, lack of youth player game time and playing 3 at the back.
    However at the risk of being labelled a happy clapper, I would suggest some perspective. In our history we have had 23 permanent managerial appointments. Before Derek only 7 of them have won anything significant. Fergie and only 2other managers have won more than one trophy and those 2 won only 2. So we currently have a manager with one of the best percentage win rates and fourth most successfull. Given the years of complete shyte we had to endure since the mid 90s, I dont think he's done a bad job and am "happy" he is our manager.

Aye, but you're fae the Broch.

A place renouned for happy smiling faces always looking to put a positive spin on life.

You cannae help yoursel.

A 'Happy Clapper' is someone who can't see the demise of Aberdeen Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Aye, but you're fae the Broch.

A place renouned for happy smiling faces always looking to put a positive spin on life.

You cannae help yoursel.
    I know I am just a regular ray of sunshine.
    It'll be 4-0 on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    It'll be 4-0 on Sunday
    Yes but we all know who to...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast