+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could we afford to go for Rashford?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Are you hoping this season or summer? He'd be decent for you, can't see why this wouldn't be a good shout for all parties.
    Our board would't pay his wages Champs, but he would be a step in the right direction..( assuming we stop up )

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Our board would't pay his wages Champs, but he would be a step in the right direction..( assuming we stop up )
    Your now an established Prem side. He is the exact sort of player you need to push on. You don't always have to pay full wages? You can pay a %. If Man Utd want him out playing, at a good standard, where he will never treated right, and play, then a deal,could be done? Here's an option? They may sell De Gea in the summer? Who knows. Sell Heaton to them (they will want a young English keeper) as you actually have a very good replacement already playing. Heaton is great, but you can replace him? Get Rashford as part of the deal, get United to pay half his wages. It's an option?

Champs - Heaton is not young (not old in terms of goalies) I think he is about 30. Pope is a bit younger so might be more saleable.

Just checked - nearly 32

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    Champs - Heaton is not young (not old in terms of goalies) I think he is about 30. Pope is a bit younger so might be more saleable.

Just checked - nearly 32
    Ah right. Well, some keepers keeper hit their prime in their 30's?
    I dont know, obviously you see them more. Who would say is the better? I really rate Heaton, had he not been injured, he'd have played in the WC. You could always cash in on one?

Tough one Champs. Tom is a fantastic keeper but so is Pope. We were all worried when Heaton got injured as Pope had little or no prem experience but he has worked out fantastically and is being touted as future England keeper.
    Given that Pope is only 25 what do you do?

We are not an established PL team - you talking thru ya backside pal-

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    Tough one Champs. Tom is a fantastic keeper but so is Pope. We were all worried when Heaton got injured as Pope had little or no prem experience but he has worked out fantastically and is being touted as future England keeper.
    Given that Pope is only 25 what do you do?
    It's one of those weird ones Casper, that football throws up. Had Heaton not got injured, you may never have seen what this Pope could do? Ironically, that's how Rashford came onto the scene. 17, only thrown in because of injuries and jumped at his chance. Like Pope? It's a tough one your right.
    On Rashford, I do think he's got stale under Mouriniho and isn't where he should be after such a good start. He probably does need to move on and freshen up.
    Last edited by champs95; 22-02-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    We are not an established PL team - you talking thru ya backside pal-
    I was going to put in brackets after 'established Prem side' ...(if there is such a thing?)
    As unless your one of the mega rich, you could easily drop out. But .....if you stay in for a while, then you need to push on a bit, and go get players like this. To establish yourselves even more. Every season you have to keep improving. Which thus far, you have.

Apart from the top six, it would not be shock if anyone else went down. It is also not the end of the world. However with the way we have progressed and with Dyche's mentality and belief system you would not rule out progress.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I was going to put in brackets after 'established Prem side' ...(if there is such a thing?)
    As unless your one of the mega rich, you could easily drop out. But .....if you stay in for a while, then you need to push on a bit, and go get players like this. To establish yourselves even more. Every season you have to keep improving. Which thus far, you have.
    Dont try and play the “ I luv Burnley “ card on here- it just dont wash-

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)