+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sol Campbell

Sol Campbell

Sol Campbell says he is one of the greatest minds in football after being overlooked by Oxford

The former Arsenal, Tottenham and England defender held initial talks with the League One side, but they are expected to appoint Craig Bellamy, who has been coaching with Cardiff City.

Campbell insists he is "intelligent enough" to make an impact at that level and has rejected his lack of experience being a legitimate reason not to hand him a first managerial job.

"I did go (for the Oxford job) and they didn't accept me," he told the Arsenal podcast Highbury & Heels.

"Maybe it was a lack of experience, things like that, but it's a full circle. Experience? How do I get experience? Well I need a job to get experience.

"I don't want to go too low that it's a struggle, and I don't want to go too low that I'm under someone and thinking 'what am I doing here?' I would rather be managing a club myself.

"I'm confident and it's not like it's rocket science to run a football club, especially when you get to that level. If you're intelligent enough and a quick learner you will learn pretty soon, within two or three games, what the team needs, training-wise, to survive in that league, get better in that league, to get in the play-offs or even win the league.

Oxford United are expected to appoint Craig Bellamy as manager
    "I'm intelligent enough, it's not like I played on a fox and dog pitch all my life. I can't believe some people, I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm being wasted because of a lack of experience or 'maybe he talks his mind too much'."

"Go to Germany, they love people who speak their minds. They got the jobs. I'm sorry that I've got a mind, but don't be scared of that. That should be something you want at your club, but obviously not."

Wanted to be a Tory MP the last I heard about him .

My advice would be to go to Germany Sol on a number of levels .

Si thi !!

I think it's more to do with the wider footballing world thinking he's a pillack.

He’s a loon .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Sol Campbell says he is one of the greatest minds in football after being overlooked by Oxford

The former Arsenal, Tottenham and England defender held initial talks with the League One side, but they are expected to appoint Craig Bellamy, who has been coaching with Cardiff City.

Campbell insists he is "intelligent enough" to make an impact at that level and has rejected his lack of experience being a legitimate reason not to hand him a first managerial job.

"I did go (for the Oxford job) and they didn't accept me," he told the Arsenal podcast Highbury & Heels.

"Maybe it was a lack of experience, things like that, but it's a full circle. Experience? How do I get experience? Well I need a job to get experience.

"I don't want to go too low that it's a struggle, and I don't want to go too low that I'm under someone and thinking 'what am I doing here?' I would rather be managing a club myself.

"I'm confident and it's not like it's rocket science to run a football club, especially when you get to that level. If you're intelligent enough and a quick learner you will learn pretty soon, within two or three games, what the team needs, training-wise, to survive in that league, get better in that league, to get in the play-offs or even win the league.

Oxford United are expected to appoint Craig Bellamy as manager
    "I'm intelligent enough, it's not like I played on a fox and dog pitch all my life. I can't believe some people, I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm being wasted because of a lack of experience or 'maybe he talks his mind too much'."

"Go to Germany, they love people who speak their minds. They got the jobs. I'm sorry that I've got a mind, but don't be scared of that. That should be something you want at your club, but obviously not."

Or is it coz I's black ?

"I don't want to go too low that its a struggle"

That just abart sums him up. Old school way wo to cut your teeth in management at a lower league club and work your way up. The want it handing on a plate straightaway nardays.

Hats off to aar new lad Jose. He's thought artside the box. He's started at the top and then gone weear it's a struggle.

Or maybe its just the huge chip on his shoulder

Sol is a c@ck , anybody who wants to represent the dark side ( see what I did there ) and was raised in the east end and Plaistow is an even bigger c@ck .

I still remember Martin Bullock putting him on his @ss in that 98 cup tie before Redders smashed it home to mek it 2-0 .

He was a mug that night too and clearly nowts changed .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 22-02-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Jeez he's an arrogant sod. Went to league 2 Notts county a few year ago and lasted 1 game afooar quitting. Must've bin a struggle bless him. A reckon he should learn his trade laikin wi a medicine ball in a borstal wi them convicts off the film Scum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast