+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Forte

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulPie View Post
    Got a feeling after Saturday that we will be bringing someone in but it involves us releasing Forte out of his contract allowing this to happen. I wouldn't be suprised IF he then joins another league 2 club for the last 10 games.
    Why don't you and Laxative join together and write some scripts, Hopeful? You both have a penchant for making up good storylines.

Got a feeling after Saturday that we will be bringing someone in but it involves us releasing Forte out of his contract allowing this to happen. I wouldn't be suprised IF he then joins another league 2 club for the last 10 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Why don't you and Laxative join together and write some scripts, Hopeful? You both have a penchant for making up good storylines.
    Although not beyond the realms of possibility Sid?

He wouldn't be able to play for another club this year as he was registered with us beyond the end of the transfer window. We can't just make him a free agent by releasing him from his contract. Just the same happened with us with Noble. FGR released him but we couldn't register him until the transfer window.

So if he did join another club, he could not play competitive matches, so why would they pay him? Hell, why would anyone pay him even if he could. We've got no chance of getting rid until the summer.

As for the free agent, I can't see this happening. We will have to make do with Shola and Stead. In fairness, our record with those two playing together has been promotion form. When Shola hasn't played it has been mid table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    He wouldn't be able to play for another club this year as he was registered with us beyond the end of the transfer window. We can't just make him a free agent by releasing him from his contract. Just the same happened with us with Noble. FGR released him but we couldn't register him until the transfer window.

So if he did join another club, he could not play competitive matches, so why would they pay him? Hell, why would anyone pay him even if he could. We've got no chance of getting rid until the summer.

As for the free agent, I can't see this happening. We will have to make do with Shola and Stead. In fairness, our record with those two playing together has been promotion form. When Shola hasn't played it has been mid table.
    Fair point mate just confused with what is happening regarding Forte.
    I still feel that they will bring someone in as Ameobi can't play more then 1 match without needing to be rested for the next.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    LOL Whatever

It's fantastic to be 8pts clear of the play off line. And there couldn't have been two better scorers for us than Grant and Ameobi - both really needed the boost of a goal. There could be 14 games left (chance of only 11, for good and bad!) and I still think we'll be needing some striking options over this time.
    What I didn't know when I started this thread was what low-esteem Forte's held by sections of our support. Fair enough, each to his or her own. Ultimately, we all want the same thing, our team to have success and to get up the leagues if we can. If everyone in the squad plays to his full potential and gets our support we'll be in top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    It's fantastic to be 8pts clear of the play off line. And there couldn't have been two better scorers for us than Grant and Ameobi - both really needed the boost of a goal. There could be 14 games left (chance of only 11, for good and bad!) and I still think we'll be needing some striking options over this time.
    What I didn't know when I started this thread was what low-esteem Forte's held by sections of our support. Fair enough, each to his or her own. Ultimately, we all want the same thing, our team to have success and to get up the leagues if we can. If everyone in the squad plays to his full potential and gets our support we'll be in top 3.
    It does make you laugh when you get abused by people for having an opinion but I still feel he can chip in with a goal or 2 mate providing he is allowed to play.

I also think he could nick a couple of ***** goals
    Providing we play on the grass and not in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Some good points, Anticlough. I think the fact that we have no more midweek games from now on (with Easter the exception) also works in our favour. Time for a relatively aged team to recover from strain and injury. However, if the current bad weather is for the extended period predicted, it could mean a lot of crowding towards April and May, which would not be a good thing for Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    I also think he could nick a couple of ***** goals
    Providing we play on the grass and not in the clouds
    Me too, I don't think he is a bad as would be believed, on the footballing side that is, only a certain few know about the situation with KN & himself, suppose time will tell that story.
    He would certainly improve with more game time & used alongside Grant /Stead/Amiobi on a regular basis, the more he doesn't play the less use he will come to our run in.
    I remember when we was disappointed that we could not sign him back in 2012, especially with his hat trick at Charlton, even against Jonny Jackson.
    Last edited by RoyalBulwell; 27-02-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast