+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Play Forte

Sorry, couldn't resist
    Great to get back to winning ways today. Forte + Ameobi could be the way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Sorry, couldn't resist
    Great to get back to winning ways today. Forte + Ameobi could be the way to go...
    ....and Nolo admitting that Forte today, scoring twice, has proved him wrong....when told there is a Twitter Poll ref "should Forte start every match?"...his reply was "I pick the team"...mmmmm

We will see....well done anyway Mr Forte.....hopefully you silenced your knockers, most of those on the first few pages of this thread....clearly they cannot recognise natural talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe a little harsh, but I just can't see Forte being the answer to our scoring problems. Everything he does is half-hearted, watch when he goes up for a header, it's nearly always a token jump with no actual intent to win the ball. I know the high ball isn't his forte, but he's done nothing in his last few appearances to merit a starting place.
    What was you saying about Forte Mr Know-all ....If you play him with the right person and the right service he will score the goals...

Maybe a little harsh, but I just can't see Forte being the answer to our scoring problems. Everything he does is half-hearted, watch when he goes up for a header, it's nearly always a token jump with no actual intent to win the ball. I know the high ball isn't his forte, but he's done nothing in his last few appearances to merit a starting place.
    ...mmmmm...was he "half~hearted" today Snobbers?.....now let us see if he "merits a starting place" next week?

Hahaha Durham beat me to it by 1 minute......some fun to be had here by recalling some comments on here a few weeks ago
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 07-04-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Sorry, did you say half a dozen goals? In 12 games? The point of having him was the fact he was nuder contract and not easy to get rid of. We had agreed for him to leave in Jan, but the deal fell through. If he plays Saturday he will no doubt be out for a month with another injury too. Man is done and wasted, and doesn't give a shizzle. He is happy picking up his wage and doing the minimum to make the bench, as we have nothing else.

Total waste of a high wage and shirt.
    Here is another classic

The answer is to stick with Stead and Shola and hope the midfield chip in with a few goals.

Shola is ten times the player Forte will ever be. Opposing defenders know they've got a job on their hands when he plays, I bet they would love to see Forte's name on the teamsheet instead.
    Maybe teams seeing Shola AND Forte together now might cause them concern?

You could class playing the tea lady up front as "something different". We don't need something different unless it's different for the better.
    I just don't see Forte as an improvement on either Stead or Ameobi, he is a significant downgrade. In fact if we play two up front (which I think we should), I would prefer either of Allessandra or Grant to Forte.
    "significant downgrade" playing Forte??......I might be on a roll here

You are right, calling Ameobi ten times the player that Forte ever will be is plain daft. I've just had a look at their career profiles, and would like to amend that to 'Ameobi is twenty times the player that Forte ever will be'.
    ....bingo.....Tarkers is playing 4 out of 4

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    This.

Not sure if anticlough actually watches games or not, maybe if he does he's the guy that sat behind me a few weeks ago and thought Shola was too slow and not good enough that I suggested should maybe try watching a new sport like table tennis after we'd all laughed at how ridiculous his thoughts were.

Ameobi brings so much more to the team than goals, you can't just judge how well he does by checking wikipedia, we're a completely different side when he plays as the stats that someone posted above show. When he doesn't play Stead runs around like a lost dog trying to win headers and free kicks with hardly any success because defenders don't have to deal with someone like Shola so they can focus their full attention on Stead as Forte rarely even challenges for the ball.

Shola's ball control and hold up play is probably second to none in League 2, he makes football at this level look far too easy at times, whereas Forte is a past it lower league pace merchant without the pace and without a right foot, he's crap, I haven't rated him for years personally but that's besides the point, he's not the answer.
    Freeman gets caught in the slips?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    .......and yet again, Nolo made a post~match joke about Forte being injured because his wife makes him do the housework....very strange.....the first time it raised a laugh pre~match when he said that "he knows she wears the pants around his household....he has seen them out shopping together".......Nolo clearly dislikes Forte, but to take the piss in public is weird.....then he dismisses it as banter
    He is not one of his Buddy boys thats why.. The same as Milsom.. Who was MOTM last monday but was on the bench..

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast