+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Forte

I'd seriously consider playing Grant as a number 10 as the solution. Get him playing off either Stead, Ameobi or Forte.

That means we could play Both our wingers (Hawk and Allessandra) then either Hewitt and Husin in the centre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    You know how to rouse the troops, eh? That seems like a recipe for the 10-12th place I think I saw you predicting. I'd prefer us to try something different to turn it around.
    You could class playing the tea lady up front as "something different". We don't need something different unless it's different for the better.
    I just don't see Forte as an improvement on either Stead or Ameobi, he is a significant downgrade. In fact if we play two up front (which I think we should), I would prefer either of Allessandra or Grant to Forte.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I'd seriously consider playing Grant as a number 10 as the solution. Get him playing off either Stead, Ameobi or Forte.

That means we could play Both our wingers (Hawk and Allessandra) then either Hewitt and Husin in the centre.
    Terry and Lewis are wingers? They certainly had me fooled.
    Last edited by navypie; 22-02-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Best team? Best formation? The answer lies with Shola’s fitness.

He’s started exactly half of our League games this season.

Games where Shola started ........ P 17 W 10 D 5 L 2 F 32 A 18 Pts 35

Games where Shola didn’t start ... P 17 W 6 D 5 L 6 F 22 A 18 Pts 23

What we lack is a Plan B when he’s unfit or if we have a Plan B, the personnel to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You could class playing the tea lady up front as "something different". We don't need something different unless it's different for the better.
    I just don't see Forte as an improvement on either Stead or Ameobi, he is a significant downgrade. In fact if we play two up front (which I think we should), I would prefer either of Allessandra or Grant to Forte.
    Nobody's suggesting tea ladies, come on now
    Slack Pie is bang on - we're way too predictable with the two aging big guys up front. Allessandra's had his shot up there and has never looked comfortable.
    We can't play the next 12 games with Ameobi and Stead up front as you say, the goal return would make your 10th -12th prediction a certainty.

Anyway, to say the 36 y-old Ameobi (goal every 395mins) is '10 times' the player of the 31 y old Forte (goal every 231 minutes) is just plain daft, as daft as the tea lady suggestion.

Nobody's suggesting tea ladies, come on now
    Slack Pie is bang on - we're way too predictable with the two aging big guys up front. Allessandra's had his shot up there and has never looked comfortable.
    We can't play the next 12 games with Ameobi and Stead up front as you say, the goal return would make your 10th -12th prediction a certainty.

Anyway, to say the 36 y-old Ameobi (goal every 395mins) is '10 times' the player of the 31 y old Forte (goal every 231 minutes) is just plain daft, as daft as the tea lady suggestion.

Forte has been tried plenty and always disappoints. A line up without him, can and has played better than of late. Forte hasn't and can't.

You are right, calling Ameobi ten times the player that Forte ever will be is plain daft. I've just had a look at their career profiles, and would like to amend that to 'Ameobi is twenty times the player that Forte ever will be'.

You are right,'.
    Thank you - I didn't think you were capable ; )
    We're only interested in the here and now, and the promotion run in. As many above are saying,playing the 5 years younger, faster, more frequently scoring player is maybe the best of our poor set of options at the moment (although I wouldn't mind seeing Grant tried there for a game or two)

I get the feeling you've laid a bet on your 10th-12th prediction....

And back to the 'something different' point. When it becomes clear that what you have is going to leave you short of your targets, you have to try other things. We could be reaching that point sooner than most think.

We're only interested in the here and now, and the promotion run in.
    Correct, and in my opinion both Stead and Ameobi are far better options than Forte.

I get the feeling you've laid a bet on your 10th-12th prediction....
    Yaaaaawwwwnnn. Not another dumbass surely? I snapped up the 4/1 (down to 9/4 now) on offer for us to finish outside the top 7 but it is the last thing I want to happen. I made the bet because I thought it offered value, not because I want us to drop down the table. I can't believe so many have such difficulty understanding this.

Correct, and in my opinion both Stead and Ameobi are far better options than Forte.

Yaaaaawwwwnnn. Not another dumbass surely? I snapped up the 4/1 (down to 9/4 now) on offer for us to finish outside the top 7 but it is the last thing I want to happen. I made the bet because I thought it offered value, not because I want us to drop down the table. I can't believe so many have such difficulty understanding this.
    I think you need to take yourself off to bed if all you have to offer is abuse...

Don't be so jumpy and defensive, who's questioning your wishes here???? Tell me, and I'll ask them to stop picking on you.

But the fact you're predicting 10th-12th on the other thread shows what faith you have in the team we put out regularly. So why be so wedded to 70 years worth of strikeforce that have the combined output more in line with a relegation side? We need the extra zip a striker like Forte can give us. No option but to roll the dice now, we're sinking like a stone.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast