+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Forte

Somebody pointed out earlier that our two previous promotions out of this league have both required a 20 plus goal scorer and I feel the same will be asked for this season, I’m not sure what it is about Notts County and strikers but I can only think of four that fit that requirement in the last 20 years.....

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I think you need to take yourself off to bed if all you have to offer is abuse...

Don't be so jumpy and defensive, who's questioning your wishes here???? Tell me, and I'll ask them to stop picking on you.
    Wow, the word 'dumbass' is now classed as abuse??? I humbly apologise if you feel abused, but I get a bit sick of those silly billys (is that better?) who keep mentioning the betting thing when they clearly don't have a clue what they're talking about.

But the fact you're predicting 10th-12th on the other thread shows what faith you have in the team we put out regularly. So why be so wedded to 70 years worth of strikeforce that have the combined output more in line with a relegation side? We need the extra zip a striker like Forte can give us. No option but to roll the dice now, we're sinking like a stone.
    Half right. I predicted 10th because I don't have much faith in the team to achieve higher. But I find the notion that Forte would give us 'extra zip' laughable. I can only repeat that I think our best striking options are Stead and Ameobi.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Shola is ten times the player Forte will ever be. Opposing defenders know they've got a job on their hands when he plays, I bet they would love to see Forte's name on the teamsheet instead.
    This.

Not sure if anticlough actually watches games or not, maybe if he does he's the guy that sat behind me a few weeks ago and thought Shola was too slow and not good enough that I suggested should maybe try watching a new sport like table tennis after we'd all laughed at how ridiculous his thoughts were.

Ameobi brings so much more to the team than goals, you can't just judge how well he does by checking wikipedia, we're a completely different side when he plays as the stats that someone posted above show. When he doesn't play Stead runs around like a lost dog trying to win headers and free kicks with hardly any success because defenders don't have to deal with someone like Shola so they can focus their full attention on Stead as Forte rarely even challenges for the ball.

Shola's ball control and hold up play is probably second to none in League 2, he makes football at this level look far too easy at times, whereas Forte is a past it lower league pace merchant without the pace and without a right foot, he's crap, I haven't rated him for years personally but that's besides the point, he's not the answer.

Wow, the word 'dumbass' is now classed as abuse??? I humbly apologise if you feel abused, but I get a bit sick of those silly billys (is that better?) who keep mentioning the betting thing when they clearly don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Half right. I predicted 10th because I don't have much faith in the team to achieve higher. But I find the notion that Forte would give us 'extra zip' laughable. I can only repeat that I think our best striking options are Stead and Ameobi.
    Who knows or cares about what bets you make, no need for you to be so precious about it all the time.

Any striker who has gone 10 games without a goal (and has 4 all season) when a side's chasing promotion, doesn't deserve a pick.

The 70 year-old Stead-Ameobi partnership is a busted flush and should be put out to grass for our run-in. If Forte bursts through and gets one-on-one like he did more than once in the Barnet game, when he had 70mins, he's going to start scoring at a rate Ameobi never will at this late stage of his career.

Only an 'ass' as 'dumb' as yours would want to keep picking the same failing striker week after week.

Who knows or cares about what bets you make, no need for you to be so precious about it all the time.
    Read post #28. It was you who raised the subject of my bets.

Only an 'ass' as 'dumb' as yours would want to keep picking the same failing striker week after week.
    Me and Kevin Nolan it seems. How many did Forte score at Barnet when he "gets through one-on-one like he did more than once"?

Read post #28. It was you who raised the subject of my bets.

Me and Kevin Nolan it seems. How many did Forte score at Barnet when he "gets through one-on-one like he did more than once"?
    Ameobi played the whole game and never looked like scoring. There just isn't enough goal threat there. Now Grant's goals have dried up, the unproductive strikeforce is coming back to bite us and will cost us our promotion chance. Bennett going down is a big blow and Saunders not coming through a small one. Playing one up hasn't worked, Allesandra hasn't worked, Stead and Ameobi together just don't score enough. We've just played nearly 5 hours of away football at Barnet, Newport and Cambridge with nothing on the scoresheet. Time to try Forte + 1 other from the start to see if we can find something

Ameobi played the whole game and never looked like scoring. There just isn't enough goal threat there. Now Grant's goals have dried up, the unproductive strikeforce is coming back to bite us and will cost us our promotion chance. Bennett going down is a big blow and Saunders not coming through a small one. Playing one up hasn't worked, Allesandra hasn't worked, Stead and Ameobi together just don't score enough. We've just played nearly 5 hours of away football at Barnet, Newport and Cambridge with nothing on the scoresheet. Time to try Forte + 1 other from the start to see if we can find something
    It's all about opinions, but I'm afraid I can't agree with you on this one Mrs Forte.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    This.

Not sure if anticlough actually watches games or not, maybe if he does he's the guy that sat behind me a few weeks ago and thought Shola was too slow and not good enough that I suggested should maybe try watching a new sport like table tennis after we'd all laughed at how ridiculous his thoughts were.

Funny you should say this, someone I know was telling me that this guy with an elephant man sized head suddenly turned around in the stand, blurted out something about table tennis and then went so hysterical his carers had to restrain him. He was worried on his behalf, so good that you've cleared that up...

It's all about opinions, but I'm afraid I can't agree with you on this one Mrs Forte.
    No problem Mrs Ameobi, good luck with the bets anyway

No problem Mrs Ameobi, good luck with the bets anyway
    For someone who doesn't know or care about my bets, it's a bit odd that you've now mentioned them twice!

Who knows or cares about what bets you make.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast