+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Play Forte

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Whilst I'm not sure if you're just doing a spot of fishing, I'll nibble... I thought Forte played well at Accrington and would have started him today with Shola even without Stead being injured, I stand by what I said a month or two ago though, I wouldn't have played him then.

I was pleased he played today and thrilled he scored twice, if he keeps getting goals in the games we have left maybe I'll start to rate him again but 2 goal's today doesn't automatically mean Nolan should have been playing him every game this season.
    If Nolans mate Stead was fit today Forte would not have played, regardless of how well he played at Accrington. The same applies to Milsom who was MOTM and lost place, whilst Virtue who was dreadfull and somehow managed to keep his place. Nolan struck it lucky today purely by default, because there is no way Stead would have scored those goals..

Forte and Milsom should start our remaining games IMHO. Forte deserves the plaudits today, and had a decent game at Stanley with little or no service. In support of Durham, Milsom was Notts best player at Stanley and I was surprised he didn't make the team today. I would play him with Hewitt and Noble in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Like the Bermuda TRIangle and Brexit, Nolan’s treatment of Forte this season is one of life’s mysteries.

I’m guessing he’s not one of the world’s greatest trainers, but he’s quick and other than Grant, he’s the best finisher at the club. He wasn’t even on the bench against Wycombe.

A fit, firing Forte could make the difference this season.
    Chubby, I am starting to like you....in a manly kind of way

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If Nolans mate Stead was fit today Forte would not have played, regardless of how well he played at Accrington. The same applies to Milsom who was MOTM and lost place, whilst Virtue who was dreadfull and somehow managed to keep his place. Nolan struck it lucky today purely by default, because there is no way Stead would have scored those goals..
    Nolo said in the post~match interview, that he was thinking of playing Aless up front today with Shola....he changed his mind...phew

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I think that's true, and I think Nolan is a little too favourable towards Jon Stead, but Jon Forte doesn't help himself at times. Today, he put himself about as well as scoring two goals, looking every bit the top class striker at this level, but too often in the following game(s) he then goes missing and contributes nothing, whereas Stead will always try to affect the game with his work rate even if he's not scoring. If Forte wants to play the rest of the games this season, and even give himself a chance of a new contract, he needs to show the same level of desire week in, week out. I would expect Nolan to give Forte some more chances now, so the ball is Jon's court.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    if you like to dish it out Snobbers...then you need to learn to take some in return......
    Did you miss the bit where I said "I would love him to keep proving me wrong until the end of the season"? I genuinely hope he gets two or three goals in every game for the rest of the season. It's just that this is only one game. He needs to play like he did today on a consistent basis before he can be proclaimed as the answer to our problems, and consistency is something that has always eluded him throughout his career. I remember a bloke who picked one isolated bad day at Cheltenham to ridicule another poster. The meeting was over four days however, and that poster's success on the other three days left the bloke who ridiculed him looking very, very silly.

As well as Nolans done this season with a moderate squad, to go forty odd games without trying the obvious Ameobi/ Forte front pairing from the start and give it a couple of games to gel is a failing. Forte along with Grant has the best goals to games ratio and just doing a bit of Moneyball stats should at least have made Nolan and his staff give it some serious thought before now.
    Anyway, great result, great performance showing great heart. Maybe we can get some momentum and belief from this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314