+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fullarton interview....

I've just realised that the fact that I gave up reading the interview just about sums up my thoughts on Fullarton. Apart from being a Jock, boring, having a face that I would like to smack & having a typical upper class, university educated condescending manner, I have nothing against him but still cannot for the life of me see why the hell he has got a very well payed "compared to mine & the average" job in football? He is not on his own in an industry that seems to rely on " it's who you know rather than what you know" but what ever happens at Halifax he will pick up a very good wage & it could very well be the fans who have to be "resilient".

[QUOTE=ancientpie;38808717] He is not on his own in an industry that seems to rely on " it's who you know rather than what you know"

That applies in many industries and always has (hope the has is right EP)

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    What a pile of horse dung.... Poor Halifax!

Excerpt:

"Fullarton’s appointment was greeted with scepticism from some Halifax supporters, to which the Scot responded: “Someone that’s experienced in the league or who might have had seven, eight, nine jobs means they’ve also been sacked seven, eight, nine times. “People might say I’ve only had one job and only lasted a certain amount of time, but that means I’ve only been sacked once."

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/spo...rton-1-9030848
    The day he was appointed to manage the Pies was the day when the Board lost its last dregs of credibility, who ever thought he was the answer to our problems must have fallen for his Power Point Presentation and shiny Winkle Picker shoes, which like his suit soon became soiled whilst trying to impersonate Fred Astaire.

I seem to remember our C.E.O. of the day soon disappeared after the Technical Area debacle.
    Last edited by Bridg4d_Pie_; 24-02-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    The day he was appointed to manage the Pies was the day when the Board lost its last dregs of credibility, who ever thought he was the answer to our problems must have fallen for his Power Point Presentation and shiny Winkle Picker shoes, which like his suit soon became soiled whilst trying to impersonate Fred Astaire.

I seem to remember our C.E.O. of the day soon disappeared after the Technical Area debacle.
    I agree with this. I always tried to take a balanced view on Ray Trew's contribution (and still do), which didn't always go down well on this board, but the appointment of Fullarton was the moment I decided the owners had lost the plot. If you recall, the rumour leaked out early and a 'yes/no' straw poll on NCM came out pretty much 100% against Fullarton, even from the more moderate posters. It was blindingly obvious he was the wrong choice at the wrong time, and in that sense I've got a tiny bit of sympathy for him, because he was entering a situation where he was doomed to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I agree with this. I always tried to take a balanced view on Ray Trew's contribution (and still do), which didn't always go down well on this board, but the appointment of Fullarton was the moment I decided the owners had lost the plot. If you recall, the rumour leaked out early and a 'yes/no' straw poll on NCM came out pretty much 100% against Fullarton, even from the more moderate posters. It was blindingly obvious he was the wrong choice at the wrong time, and in that sense I've got a tiny bit of sympathy for him, because he was entering a situation where he was doomed to fail.
    As poor has he was, he was basically hung out to dry and entered a toxic environment from day one. That is a tough place at the best of times for any new manager to come into, and certainly not ideal for a rookie manager. He became the figurehead of everything that had gone wrong towards the end of the Trew era and was subject to such a high level of negativity from supporters who’s frustrations were also aimed at the board who were abscent.

I remember the defeat away at bottom of the table York under his management and we had our backs to the wall for so long and were awful. That was one of the lowest ebbs. Thankfully we have moved along way forward from that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post

Ace post, Bridg4d

Top vs bottom. Exactly one place between Notts county and Jamie fullarton...... Arnie it's us that feel sorry for you. And ancientpie i think it's you lot who have to be resilliant. He can do his dancing in the rain regime all he likes for me aslong as we stay top of the league and picking up win after win. Remember the grass ain't always greener, especially in football. Maybe you should have stuck rather than twisted so early. Your loss is, at the moment very much our gain.

And you call Rodwell a good CEO and respected at the FA. He's another bull****ter who appointed dross in Kiwomya etc, amazes me how these mugs get to positions they are in. I suppose it helps when you are mates with the Chairman like Fletcher, Mace and Enever. Always ends in tears though.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    As poor has he was, he was basically hung out to dry and entered a toxic environment from day one. That is a tough place at the best of times for any new manager to come into, and certainly not ideal for a rookie manager. He became the figurehead of everything that had gone wrong towards the end of the Trew era and was subject to such a high level of negativity from supporters who’s frustrations were also aimed at the board who were abscent.

I remember the defeat away at bottom of the table York under his management and we had our backs to the wall for so long and were awful. That was one of the lowest ebbs. Thankfully we have moved along way forward from that time.
    I also remember the Daggers game down here , they were bottom numerous points a drift , and they played us of the park , they made us look so bad it was unbelievable , I think we scored a last minute winner or equaliser , but they pi553d on us and they were the worst team in the league by miles .........................!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    What a pile of horse dung.... Poor Halifax!

Excerpt:

"Fullarton’s appointment was greeted with scepticism from some Halifax supporters, to which the Scot responded: “Someone that’s experienced in the league or who might have had seven, eight, nine jobs means they’ve also been sacked seven, eight, nine times. “People might say I’ve only had one job and only lasted a certain amount of time, but that means I’ve only been sacked once."

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/spo...rton-1-9030848
    The guy was a genius , is a genius and will always be a genius !
    How the foook he ever got a job in management in the first place is beyond belief, to get another one just shows you what a genius he is !
    with his pre & post match interviews he was more suited to playing the joker or Riddler in the Bat Man Movies
    just praise the Lord he's not on the List for an interview this week

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast