+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wotcha Tykes, what can you tell us..

Wotcha Tykes, what can you tell us..

about Burton, as they managed to beat you surprisingly. As we (the Lions) play them on sat at their place. By the same token we played Brum last sat and found them to be goal shy. So if you mount a good defence you could catch them on the break. They only managed one shot on our goal.

I still think you will stay up.

Eyup Claw, first thing don't underestimate them , we were very poor first half , probably as bad as i've seen at Oakwell for years , but Burton totally overan us first 45 mins and scored 2 really good goals from distance, different story second half , i thought we battered them but it wasn't to be, they defended well and threw bodies in when needed , not the worst side to visit Oakwell by a long way , they may have got the monkey off there back now tho !! Something we seem unable to do at the minute , so be wary, hope you win Sat ,, then lose when you visit us at the Theatre ov Screams

Claw , whats the latest regarding Dulwich Hamlet and hopefully their survival ? ( I've got a soft spot for them as I used to go watch them and yourselves when on holiday in London )

[QUOTE=Romared;38808660]Eyup Claw, first thing don't underestimate them , we were very poor first half , probably as bad as i've seen at Oakwell for years , but Burton totally overan us first 45 mins and scored 2 really good goals from distance, different story second half , i thought we battered them but it wasn't to be, they defended well and threw bodies in when needed , not the worst side to visit Oakwell by a long way , they may have got the monkey off there back now tho !! Something we seem unable to do at the minute , so be wary, hope you win Sat ,, then lose when you visit us at the Theatre ov Screams[/QUOTE Thanks Romared for the info, you are dead right you can't underestimate anyone near the drop zone as all will. be playing at their utmost to get out. But Brum have not scored in their last 3 games so I reckon you have a chance of a result there. We will try and do the business at the Brewers.

As for Dulwich they are still in business although there are still concerns
    Last edited by claw84; 23-02-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    about Burton, as they managed to beat you surprisingly. As we (the Lions) play them on sat at their place. By the same token we played Brum last sat and found them to be goal shy. So if you mount a good defence you could catch them on the break. They only managed one shot on our goal.
    I still think you will stay up.
    Wanna bet on that eh Claw ?.
    This was always going to be a hard season for us after what happened to our squad and its amazing that we're still in with a chance after the appalling run we've been on. Even Sunderland aren't down yet despite most fans totally dismissing their chances.

I mentioned on another thread Acido we're not that far off our usual par points wise. Plenty of time yet

Yes I saw that Ponty, and we do indeed still have more than a chance.
    We've got two massive six pointers this week of course and for the time being at least, our fate is still in our own hands.