+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by February_1971 View Post
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Just the usual childish shyte then? Sound

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    With all 4 still to play including hearts twice

That is when I ran out of patience after the last pigs game at home. His record is an absolute f@cking disgrace. I said last week, no Europe next season and I stick by it

I will add Killie will put us out of the cup.
    I’ll balance your defeatist attitude and balance it to say I think we will still make Europe and beat Killie in the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I’ll balance your defeatist attitude and balance it to say I think we will still make Europe and beat Killie in the cup.
    Fair dos. But Killie has now turned into a f@cking huge game now as we are struggling. Huge game being dereks kryptonite

And the annual slump is still to come and we have 8 points from 33 v pigs, sevco, hearts and hibs with 5 to go against them

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Fair dos. But Killie has now turned into a f@cking huge game now as we are struggling. Huge game being dereks kryptonite

And the annual slump is still to come and we have 8 points from 33 v pigs, sevco, hearts and hibs with 5 to go against them
    Indeed Killie have massively improved and I reckon they’ll replace Hearts in 5th.
    We drew with them in the first game of the season (deflected shot for their goal) and beat them Home and away in the other games.
    I fancy we’ll beat them again, with Home advantage.

A few random thoughts...

We seemed to miss about 3 clean cut chances - May really should've scored a couple - you'd have fancied Rooney to have stuck them away.

McGinn was far too deep, just as GMS was last week.

Nwakali did alright - a better option than O'Connor and Ball as a holding midfielder

O'Connor is no use

Celtic's defence is very poor and we should have tested them more

We set up from the start to try to avoid conceding a goal rather than trying to score a goal. When you have a front 3 of May, GMS and McGinn you should be approaching every game with an attacking mindset.

The boy Cosgrove isn't going to be any good.

Maynard is useless, bringing him on in the 91st minute is pointless

Brown gets away with murder

We got what we expected today - and what we deserved.

Ok. Watched the game on holiday. Not read any of the preforementiond comments. So, here is my take. For once,McInnes had some cajones. Tactics were ok. The personnel were just not up to it. Keeper,ok, defence decent, attack unlucky. Midfield, what the **** is Nawakali doing in an AFC shirt. Embarrassing that we take EPL rejects because we think they are better than our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Nwakali did alright
    No he did not. He was absolute pi$h. No composure, no skill, nothing to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Ok. Watched the game on holiday. Not read any of the preforementiond comments. So, here is my take. For once,McInnes had some cajones. Tactics were ok. The personnel were just not up to it. Keeper,ok, defence decent, attack unlucky. Midfield, what the **** is Nawakali doing in an AFC shirt. Embarrassing that we take EPL rejects because we think they are better than our guys.
    I also thought Chidi was very poor despite others saying he was very good. Thought positioning was poor- he managed to mark no one- this wasn't him denying space, when McLean pressed with May him and AOC didn't know who was supposed to where. (Weekly occurrence for AOC) At times Chidi showed no composure, swinging at the ball and his shots from distance were poor decisions, but didn't learn.
    The keeper isn't good enough- thought that the first game he played, Considine always going to get beat from Forrest at some point but the one thing that really annoys me is the fact that Shay Logan continually backs off until he is virtually on the 6 yard line. He has to commit himself much earlier before the attacker is anywhere near the box- take the man if you don't get the ball. How many yellow cards has he had this season? Was once he best right back in the league, but add his inability to take on the opposing full back when going down the wing, starting to wonder if we need will need a whole back line next season.

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    I also thought Chidi was very poor despite others saying he was very good. Thought positioning was poor- he managed to mark no one- this wasn't him denying space, when McLean pressed with May him and AOC didn't know who was supposed to where.
    Not sure why we're singling him out for not marking anyone. In that system Nwakali isn't supposed to be man marking, he's supposed to be holding a line and breaking up the play, which he did probably better than anyone else in our team as far as I'm concerned, especially in the first half.

I also think the pressing was working pretty well for at least the first 30 minutes, but you see that all the time in these games - we can disrupt them in the early stages by pressing but you can't keep that up for 90 minutes and they inevitably end up getting easy possession when we back off.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    Not sure why we're singling him out for not marking anyone. In that system Nwakali isn't supposed to be man marking, he's supposed to be holding a line and breaking up the play, which he did probably better than anyone else in our team as far as I'm concerned, especially in the first half.

I also think the pressing was working pretty well for at least the first 30 minutes, but you see that all the time in these games - we can disrupt them in the early stages by pressing but you can't keep that up for 90 minutes and they inevitably end up getting easy possession when we back off.
    I don't think we pressed enough in the first half. We tried to contain Celtic far too much. I actually didn't mind losing the second goal as we were really pushing at that time but Celtic had better quality on the break coupled with individual errors.

Over all we didn't play "that badly" but we lost again and lacked any real cutting edge.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast