+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Exactly - surely the best way to 'curtail' Tierney would be for McGinn to play as far up the pitch as possible ensuring Tierney has to stay back to keep an eye on him. Defenders mark attackers... the idea of an attacker marking a defender is bizzare.
    In my opinion, if McGinn left Tierney, all that would have happened is that Simunovic would have picked him up.
    This would leave Tierney and Sinclair to run circles round Logan who we all agree is not in the best of form.
    Or maybe you'd like one of our other midfielders to come across and leave more space through the middle for Celtic to play.

It wasn't exciting I grant you, but it did massively restrict Celtic in being able to play the way that they can
    We did also still create a couple of opportunities.

Massive difference from the last time we played Celtic at home

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Game on Saturday in the cup is huge - but the game on Wednesday is possibly even bigger - been a while since we lost 3 games in a row... Really need to bounce back with a win to set ourselves up for the weekend and to keep ourselves in the mix in the league. Glad Shinnie and Christie will be back.
    I agree on both counts.
    It will be good to have Shinnie and Christie back.
    Both hugely missed from Sunday's game.

Also very important to get back onto winning way for the league and the cup.

COYR's

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    In my opinion, if McGinn left Tierney, all that would have happened is that Simunovic would have picked him up.
    This would leave Tierney and Sinclair to run circles round Logan who we all agree is not in the best of form.
    Or maybe you'd like one of our other midfielders to come across and leave more space through the middle for Celtic to play.

It wasn't exciting I grant you, but it did massively restrict Celtic in being able to play the way that they can
    We did also still create a couple of opportunities.

Massive difference from the last time we played Celtic at home

I agree on both counts.
    It will be good to have Shinnie and Christie back.
    Both hugely missed from Sunday's game.

Also very important to get back onto winning way for the league and the cup.

COYR's
    Yes, playing McGinn against Tierney worked a treat. Kept the score down to 0-2. We made them look like they weren't a weakened team without Gordon, Griffiths, Armstrong and Roberts who we all know are players that are shyte. Every Celtic fan I've had the misfortune to speak to today has said we should have beat them. The thing is, they aren't smug about it. They don't really care about us as they know we are pish.

Getting back to our winning way for the league you say? What about trying a winning way against the teams around us in the league?

Not sure why you think you are being objective either. What's objective about your opinion?

I know the iceberg hit the ship, carved out a huge hole which eventually sunk the thing with hundreds of deaths but at least the captain tried to steer the boat away. That’s what’s important. None of you fully understand the finer nuances of iceberg avoidance in the North Atlantic & are failing to comprehend what you’re really looking at, despite all the frozen corpses bobbing about. The captain should be applauded for making the correct decision, albeit a little late.

Just my objective opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Yes, playing McGinn against Tierney worked a treat. Kept the score down to 0-2. We made them look like they weren't a weakened team without Gordon, Griffiths, Armstrong and Roberts who we all know are players that are shyte. Every Celtic fan I've had the misfortune to speak to today has said we should have beat them. The thing is, they aren't smug about it. They don't really care about us as they know we are pish.

Getting back to our winning way for the league you say? What about trying a winning way against the teams around us in the league?

Not sure why you think you are being objective either. What's objective about your opinion?
    Calm down Aldo,
    Just because my opinion differs from your, doesn't mean you need to have a coronary about it.

So having a differing opinion is a troll.
    for gods sake.
    I'm trying to put across an objective viewpoint.
    Your'e all free to have differing viewpoints if you like, but that's what forums are for, to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Mase/Aldo - do the rest of us a favour & stop responding to the troll? Beyond tedious & making board unreadable - no doubt his wish...
    Sorry, I bite too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I take your point and can understand it.
    Its also noteable that when McGinn was released int he last 15 minutes and pushed forward, it was when Tierney broke away and scored his goal.
    Tierney scored the 2nd because we were poorly set up when we took our own free kick. Nothing to do with Niall pushing up.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    Not sure why we're singling him out for not marking anyone. In that system Nwakali isn't supposed to be man marking, he's supposed to be holding a line and breaking up the play, which he did probably better than anyone else in our team as far as I'm concerned, especially in the first half.

I also think the pressing was working pretty well for at least the first 30 minutes, but you see that all the time in these games - we can disrupt them in the early stages by pressing but you can't keep that up for 90 minutes and they inevitably end up getting easy possession when we back off.
    I know what you are saying SP about holding the line, however at some point you have to press when the opponent is running in your zone, you can’t just let them have the ball and then turn and play another ball through the lines. Celtic would be Trying to get us out of shape to create space between midfield and defence, but first half we sat too much. 2nd half to be fair to the lad, thought he did much better.

As much as it pains me we go into these games with no belief- that resonates from the top all the way to the fans.

Cannot believe the digs at Chidi on here. He was one of our better performers and put in a lot of good tackles (actually turning the ball over not going out for throw in or to nobody) and used the ball well I thought. Not much hoofball from him unlike his partner in the middle. Fuming that Del came out praising O'Connor, he is terrible. Not only that but he never seems up for it to me, just toddles about the middle of the park not doing very much.

Agree with a post somewhere else on this mess of forum re Motherwell game:

Woodman

Logan Arnason McKenna Shinne

Nwakali McLean

McGinn Christie GMS

May

Prefer Shinnie in CM but I think Chidi can do well there and it means getting Considine to furke!

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    Tierney scored the 2nd because we were poorly set up when we took our own free kick. Nothing to do with Niall pushing up.
    Ok, we should go gung ho against them for the whole game then should we?

For their second, we had practically 7 inside their 6 yard box. Niall took the free kick on the other side of the pitch and then the ball was lobbed over him to Dembele, so I take your point that we were poorly set up and our players did not react to get back and defend.

Questions should be asked as to what our coverage was and who should be covering if there was a breakaway.

Certainly Niall was pushing further forward the last 15 minutes as we were chasing an equaliser.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast