+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Celtic

1-0 Dons,

Rooney to score with an earth-shattering volley in the 90th minute, the camera then pans round to see Christie celebrating in the stand like a mad man, leading to the Tim's hurling a torrid of on-line abuse. He than feels he can no longer return to the pig sty and stays in the North East where "the club and manger have helped him through the dark times"

And we all lived happily ever after.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Correct, Rooney is ineffective in these games because the tactics are all wrong. He is hardly the paciest of strikers and yet he is expected to run at a Celtic back four for 90 mins...
    I agree with what you are saying but to be fair Boyd and Lafferty aren’t the quickest yet Kilmarnock and Hearts managed to beat them so it’s clearly not all about having a striker with pace.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I agree with what you are saying but to be fair Boyd and Lafferty aren’t the quickest yet Kilmarnock and Hearts managed to beat them so it’s clearly not all about having a striker with pace.
    Hearts had a go at Celtic and were right in their faces from the start of the game. They won that match easily with a very positive approach. It’s not all about 1 striker as the whole team had a go at Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    However this season is one we're going to look back on and think - wow, we actually could have won the league if we'd just stopped losing to 2 or 3 teams in every game. 9 points behind at the end of Feb.... even converting 5 defeats to the OF into draws would put us within touching distance of being top of the league. Glorious opportunity this season blown.
    We had 2 stonewall penalties denied in both of the matches against the Gorgie Huns, that should've been another 4 points for us.

Hearts beat them by playing the way we do on our day. When we play like that, Rooney tends to score. You can't have him chasing everything and playing wide. I doubt lafferty and Boyd were doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Hearts beat them by playing the way we do on our day. When we play like that, Rooney tends to score. You can't have him chasing everything and playing wide. I doubt lafferty and Boyd were doing that.
    Exactly,Hearts and Kilmarnock aren’t teams blessed with pace,they pressed them high up the pitch which they don’t like.We tend to sit back which isolates Rooney and then he ends up breathing through his erse chasing down defenders, if Boyd or Lafferty were asked to do that they would struggle as well.

We have actually beat them in the past with Rooney up front and he has scored a few against them.

I agree with what you are saying.

Its about having a striker who can SCORE goals.

We dont have that unless we play for 6 penalties in which case 6-5 us woohoo!.

Face it guys we will be annihilated.

Our team just arent good enough to win anything this season.

boooooo.....hooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Rooney tends to score???

Sorry Aldo but DM's stubborness is every bit as bad as the fans.
    Last edited by Goalposter; 23-02-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    Rooney tends to score???
    Yes he has 11 goals this season,88 goals in 188 games in total.

Exactly what striker is it you expect us to be able to sign on our budget?

Yes he has 11 goals this season,88 goals in 188 games in total.

Exactly what striker is it you expect us to be able to sign on our budget?
    One that can score.

He's blind loyal to Rooney as is a lot of support because of his past.

Moult was in our budget..we were just being tight ersed.
    Last edited by Goalposter; 23-02-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast