+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The gaffer in today’s media highlighting that Celtic play their big (game) players against us. No sh!t Sherlock! Why wouldn’t they?
    Del could do himself a great favour and instead of bending over to Brendan start trying to wind him up before the match. Tell our players Celtic are gash, very soft and vulnerable at the back. Scott Brown is just a referee’s pet who needs their protection to temper his mood swings during a match.
    If I was Del I would say Celtic embarrassed Scottish football with such a negative performance during the week (Highlight Rodgers mistakes).
    Most of all tell our players to wipe the floor with them. Tell them he expects bruised bodies and egos from the Celtic players as they trudge off the pitch on Sunday!
    I always wonder why people get so wound up by what the manager says in a press conference. McInnes will never say anything other than show respect to the opposition (regardless of who it is).

If he came out saying Celtic are soft and vulnerable at the back, this place would be up in arms complaining that he is doing the team talk for them, and blah blah blah

What a manager says to the press, and what he says behind closed doors to the players are completely different things

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    I always wonder why people get so wound up by what the manager says in a press conference. McInnes will never say anything other than show respect to the opposition (regardless of who it is).

If he came out saying Celtic are soft and vulnerable at the back, this place would be up in arms complaining that he is doing the team talk for them, and blah blah blah

What a manager says to the press, and what he says behind closed doors to the players are completely different things
    100% correct on this, the two local rags we have here are a joke......as are the cheaper tabloids.......if dons fans get upset by some “cherry picked” quotes.....so be it......what our current coach says to the media and what he says to our players pre/post match will be polar opposite.

In life in general, I’ve found empty vessels tend to make the most noise.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post

In life in general, I’ve found empty vessels tend to make the most noise.

SF
    The empty vessel that is Derek McInnes hasn’t made a whimper facing Celtic. Hasn’t done us any favours in the past against Rodgers Celtic by praising them and saying how good they are. Just thinking a different approach might stir things up a bit.
    For what it’s worth we have got the total of zero points for being nice guys to Celtic. What have we to lose by trying something different?!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Great idea,fire them up even more than they already will be.
    It would have an effect on the Celtic players if we looked like we were in control and winning the match. Good managers know how to get to the opposition. Might be beyond Del right enough.

To be fair on McInnes he must have done something right in regards to Rooney as he has scored at least 20 goals in his last 3 seasons.

I think Rooney gets more stick from some fans than Mackie did which is insane.
    There's only one fan criticising Rooney as far as I can see and thats me because although he's a club legend he is due criticism too for playing sh*te in many games over the last 2 years?
    Oh wait, no he isnt.

Strange bunch dons fans.

That's only for other strikers who get 10 minutes here or there to try and prove their worth.
    Last edited by Goalposter; 24-02-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    There's only one fan criticising Rooney as far as I can see and thats me because although he's a club legend he is due criticism too for playing sh*te in many games over the last 2 years?
    Oh wait, no he isnt.

Strange bunch dons fans.

That's only for other strikers who get 10 minutes here or there to try and prove their worth.
    You are not the only one I know others that criticise him as well,you are all entitled to your opinion but my opinion is you are all wrong.

It’s a myth that Rooney has played shyte for the last 2 years,he has never done anything since he has been here apart from score goals which is the main thing you want your striker to do.

So many games over the last 4 years we have won by the odd goal would have been a 0-0 draw if it wasn’t for Rooney.

Rooney through the middle with two wide men firing balls into the box all day is what you want. But if there's no supply coming in, he's a waste of a shirt. That's not a criticism of him - it's a simple fact - he's a penalty box goalscorer and a very good one at that - but if the balls not in the box he might as well be sitting on the sidelines.

Playing him out wide is one of the most ludicrous things McInnes has ever done, and it's not just been a one off. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays wide tomorrow and Stevie May is through the middle. Totally pointless.

If we're not going to be getting wide and getting crosses in, play May instead of Rooney as he will contribute more to overall play. If we play our usual formation with McGinn and GMS wide, Rooney should be up top. If we're not going wide against Celtic, we're more than likely going long (unlikely we'll try play through the middle of them), in which case Rooney and May are both pretty hopeless as neither are target men. Maybe he'll play McLean up front as a target man and play 7 central defenders instead of the usual 6 we play against Celtic?

You are not the only one I know others that criticise him as well,you are all entitled to your opinion but my opinion is you are all wrong.

It’s a myth that Rooney has played shyte for the last 2 years,he has never done anything since he has been here apart from score goals which is the main thing you want your striker to do.

So many games over the last 4 years we have won by the odd goal would have been a 0-0 draw if it wasn’t for Rooney.
    I predict this thread to be a 500 poster

Ok fair enough rico.

Im not trying to be a d*ck just want more contribution from him and others.

He's certainly proved himself in the past.

Hope he scores a hatrick tomorrow.

That said, id still be tempted to try McGinn as a striker again against the lowly spfl teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    Ok fair enough rico.

Im not trying to be a d*ck just want more contribution from him and others.

He's certainly proved himself in the past.

Hope he scores a hatrick tomorrow.

That said, id still be tempted to try McGinn as a striker again against the lowly spfl teams.
    I would’ve liked to see how McGinn & Rooney were as pairing.

Never happen obviously

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast