+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Williams.

Williams.

What is it with most rovers fans and this player?

On Brfcc folk are selecting their 11's for Walsall, and almost all replace Williams in the team with bell.

Why do fans always have to have at least one fall guy. As far as I've been able to gather from match reports, Williams has had a steady season. Maybe not outstanding, but certainly deserves more praise than I'm reading from fans.

To be honest, Saxo, I've rarely seen him have a bad game. I didn't watch many full matches before December, and I gather he wasn't at his best, early season, but I think he's been very consistent since then.
    Bell probably offers a bit more in terms of attacking flair, but the primary function of a full-back is defending, surely. Given that Williams has also slotted in well as a centre-back, I don't see him being discarded.
    Apart from anything else, we need to see how Bell fares in games where we are under pressure.
    TM likes to be flexible, and we might well see Bell starting in those matches where Mowbray thinks we can attack from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    To be honest, Saxo, I've rarely seen him have a bad game. I didn't watch many full matches before December, and I gather he wasn't at his best, early season, but I think he's been very consistent since then.
    Bell probably offers a bit more in terms of attacking flair, but the primary function of a full-back is defending, surely. Given that Williams has also slotted in well as a centre-back, I don't see him being discarded.
    Apart from anything else, we need to see how Bell fares in games where we are under pressure.
    TM likes to be flexible, and we might well see Bell starting in those matches where Mowbray thinks we can attack from the start.
    The common opinion is 'not good enough'.. No reason given, just that..

In my opinion he is more than good enough at this level and is a very steady player but maybe a few question marks about if we gain promotion though.

It’s that view of ‘steady’ that marks him down in some minds as ‘not outstanding’ therefore not up to the mark they see as essential.
    Of the limited games I’ve managed to watch with him involved , I can that recognise he’s a steady , but also a ‘dependable’ player. That for me marks him down as a valuable asset .
    As was Mark Atkins, who quite a few had down as a ‘handy (steady) stand by’ !
    There’s nothing wrong with steady.

In any event, with Elliot Ward off the scene they needed a replacement scapegoat!
    Last edited by Despair; 23-02-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    It’s that view of ‘steady’ that marks him down in some minds as ‘not outstanding’ therefore not up to the mark they see as essential.
    Of the limited games I’ve managed to watch with him involved , I can that recognise he’s a steady , but also a ‘dependable’ player. That for me marks him down as a valuable asset .
    As was Mark Atkins, who quite a few had down as a ‘handy (steady) stand by’ !
    There’s nothing wrong with steady.

In any event, with Elliot Ward off the scene they needed a replacement scapegoat!

I have been on Shrewsburys site the past few days (sax )
    and was chatting with a Rovers fan. He clearly posts on BRFC's.
    He seemed ok at first, pretty knowledgable about Rovers over the years. Wasn't saying anything controversial......
    until he announced he boycotts games (fair enough, each to their own) but THEN announced to these Shrews fans (who where saying we had failed??????????????????????????) that Mowbray has FAILED as wqe are not 10 points clear in Feb. He wanted us 15/20 points clear!! And he was being serious.
    And this guy up to this point seemed pretty normal. How can he go round saying that ****e, and he doesnt even go?
    Williams has been excellent all season, Bell is very good, but will have to wait on the bench for his chance this season. I don't like him being played on the wing. I do agree with sax, up in the Champ, things are different, I can see Bell playing more then.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I have been on Shrewsburys site the past few days (sax )
    and was chatting with a Rovers fan. He clearly posts on BRFC's.
    He seemed ok at first, pretty knowledgable about Rovers over the years. Wasn't saying anything controversial......
    until he announced he boycotts games (fair enough, each to their own) but THEN announced to these Shrews fans (who where saying we had failed??????????????????????????) that Mowbray has FAILED as wqe are not 10 points clear in Feb. He wanted us 15/20 points clear!! And he was being serious.
    And this guy up to this point seemed pretty normal. How can he go round saying that ****e, and he doesnt even go?
    Williams has been excellent all season, Bell is very good, but will have to wait on the bench for his chance this season. I don't like him being played on the wing. I do agree with sax, up in the Champ, things are different, I can see Bell playing more then.
    dont get ahead of yourself- you aint up yet pal

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    dont get ahead of yourself- you aint up yet pal
    That's fair comment. Anything could happen. I'm just hoping we manage to keep our heads. As I'm sure you are.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    That's fair comment. Anything could happen. I'm just hoping we manage to keep our heads. As I'm sure you are.
    Headless chickens dont have any-

KFC chickens dont at the moment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)