+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is not going to the match Saturday ?

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Will you be in the cutlers pre match, Caspy ? If so I'll see you there
    I'll be in there for about half an hour from 1:30 Peri. If you recognise me give me a shout. Catch me on the way in or at the bar and I'll get you a pint. It will be heaving in there tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    And why not !

Apart from them who live abroad.

We appear to have struggled like hell to sell the last 250 seats this week and must be up to the top of our home supporters about 9,000.

Which quite frankly is ridiculously for a town of our size !

There are far too many like Mary the retired Matron who was on the Chase tonight, when Bradley asked her if she followed the Millers considering she came from Rotherham, she pulled her nose up and said I have had a season ticket to watch the blades for the last 6 years, why oh why what on earth is up with these people, deluded, glory seeking, self important.
    Unfortunately she walked of the show with £23,500 to spend at Bramall Lane 😥
    One of the reason I was asking was because at the begginig of the season there was a number of poster on this board who would not renew their season tickets, lambasting the club for last years disasters and stating ( at least one ) that they were going to show the club and punish them for last season.

So I just wondered whether they were still boycotting the matches are had gone back to “supporting” the Millers ?

I cannot remember who these posters were !

One of the reason I was asking was because at the begginig of the season there was a number of poster on this board who would not renew their season tickets, lambasting the club for last years disasters and stating ( at least one ) that they were going to show the club and punish them for last season.

So I just wondered whether they were still boycotting the matches are had gone back to “supporting” the Millers ?

I cannot remember who these posters were !
    I was one moaning and was thinking of not renewing but I changed my mind.
    Well done Warney but some don’t like to be proving wrong

I think its very harsh to slag our fanbase off for not immediately selling out the Donny game. There are only single seats available now so not done too bad have we

At DVS 10 years ago our average attendance was about 2k-3k, and people are moaning about us only selling 9k home seats?
    Some people either have very short memories or weren't there at DVS to fully appreciate how dire that was. Even at Millmoor 15 years ago we wouldn't have sold 9k.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Them that get paid monthly might miss out, people working and so on, there’s always an excuse.

But mostly they’ve probably spit the dummy out.
    What do you mean "always an excuse"?

I have missed a match a few times this season due to having to work extra hours so my wife can take extra time off to look after our kids, its not an "excuse" its priorities

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I'll be in there for about half an hour from 1:30 Peri. If you recognise me give me a shout. Catch me on the way in or at the bar and I'll get you a pint. It will be heaving in there tomorrow.
    Does that situation apply to anybody who recognises you ��

Does that situation apply to anybody who recognises you ��
    Yes

As long as they are ex-pats

And why not !

Apart from them who live abroad.

We appear to have struggled like hell to sell the last 250 seats this week and must be up to the top of our home supporters about 9,000.

Which quite frankly is ridiculously for a town of our size !

There are far too many like Mary the retired Matron who was on the Chase tonight, when Bradley asked her if she followed the Millers considering she came from Rotherham, she pulled her nose up and said I have had a season ticket to watch the blades for the last 6 years, why oh why what on earth is up with these people, deluded, glory seeking, self important.
    Unfortunately she walked of the show with £23,500 to spend at Bramall Lane ��
    The fact is the last few seats always take longer to sell because they are just single seats available.If the capacity was increased to 16k we would be able to let people sit with their mates and not on their own.The argument about we never sell out happens to most clubs.Barnsley get slightly bigger crowds than us because they can accommodate these fans.They never fill their ground likewise Donny.

I'm sure the single seats argument is valid as regards selling the last few seats. However I don't think that we would have sold many more tickets for this game, to home fans at least, even if we did have a bigger stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Yes

As long as they are ex-pats
    Have been to Benidorm for a month does that count ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast