+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Hull v The Mighty Blades

MATCH DAY POST: Hull v The Mighty Blades

So another Friday night match, and another TV appearance. Tonight the relatively short trip to Hull. Good result on Tuesday for us, but perhaps not so comfortable towards the end. Still it's another 3 points towards our ultimate aim. Meanwhile Hull have been poor all season, and it's obviously reflected in their League position. They'll be scrapping for it tonight though, and combine that with the off field shenanigans, this match is no 'gimme'.....

Anyway...

Any team news?

Fleck certain to return?

Otherwise unchanged?

Brooks and Wilson in late fitness tests...

Jam surely to keep his place?

Well this presents a really good chance to, at least temporarily, return to a play off position. Results recently have been fairly kind, but that's been teams I thought were out of our reach.... See how quick that can change but we can only take care of our own results. Should be a decent Blades following there tonight, so I hope the result is to our taste. Think they'll score but I'm for a 3-1 Blades win with Fleck scoring.

Safe journey folks....

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    So another Friday night match, and another TV appearance. Tonight the relatively short trip to Hull. Good result on Tuesday for us, but perhaps not so comfortable towards the end. Still it's another 3 points towards our ultimate aim. Meanwhile Hull have been poor all season, and it's obviously reflected in their League position. They'll be scrapping for it tonight though, and combine that with the off field shenanigans, this match is no 'gimme'.....

Anyway...

Any team news?

Fleck certain to return?

Otherwise unchanged?

Brooks and Wilson in late fitness tests...

Jam surely to keep his place?

Well this presents a really good chance to, at least temporarily, return to a play off position. Results recently have been fairly kind, but that's been teams I thought were out of our reach.... See how quick that can change but we can only take care of our own results. Should be a decent Blades following there tonight, so I hope the result is to our taste. Think they'll score but I'm for a 3-1 Blades win with Fleck scoring.

Safe journey folks....

UTB
    I remember winnin 3-1 at Hull the last time we went up from this league,perhaps a omen mate? I think FLECKY must return if he's fit and well,we aint got another midfielder like him in my view,i'm tippin 2-1 win for the MIGHTY BLADES,Leon's more than due a goal so i reckon he'll score and the magic hat to get t'other one.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 23-02-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I remember winnin 3-1 at Hull the last time we went up from this league,perhaps a omen mate? I think FLECKY must return if he's fit and well,we aint got another midfielder like him in my view,i'm tippin 2-1 win for the MIGHTY BLADES,Leon's more than due a goal so i reckon he'll score and the magic hat to get t'other one.UTCB
    Indeed mate. Any win will do

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    Indeed mate. Any win will do

Seconded. Substance over style from now to the end of the season.

Confident,Billy and Leon to notch,the Dull fans antics might cause us a problem,but nothing we can't handle.

Scrappy 1-0 win for us. Can see this being a scrappy game with not many chances. However can see our quality shining through in the end.

I think we start the game the way we did against Leeds on Tuesday then fingers crossed we'll be out of sight by half time. These are poor and ship goals for fun. They can also score though but i think our defence is solid enough to handle it. They'll be rattled by their off field situation and lets be honest...Adkins is about as inspirational as a stick. Has to be a Blades win!

David Brooks (back), Ricky Holmes (back) and James Wilson (ankle) miss out but could be back in contention for Tuesday's game at Reading

Blades: Blackman, Baldock, Stevens, Fleck, O'Connell, Basham, Clarke, Sharp, Leonard, Stearman, L Evans.
    Subs: Moore, Lundstram, Donaldson, Freeman, Duffy, Lafferty, C Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by diode_blade View Post
    David Brooks (back), Ricky Holmes (back) and James Wilson (ankle) miss out but could be back in contention for Tuesday's game at Reading

Blades: Blackman, Baldock, Stevens, Fleck, O'Connell, Basham, Clarke, Sharp, Leonard, Stearman, L Evans.
    Subs: Moore, Lundstram, Donaldson, Freeman, Duffy, Lafferty, C Evans.
    bit gutted re Brooks

he'll be reight B58....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast