+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Newell contract

Joe Newell contract

I said last season the club had to build the team around Joe Newell & Danny Ward has young players, Ward didn't hit the highlights has we hoped, but we made money on the player.
    I have always thought Newell a excellent player, with a bit of class, signed by Steve Evans, where he did play games at left back, [ Quite a few posters on here say he can't defend very well].
    Newell lost his edge after a injury, but this season has shown his true potential, the club have to keep this player, offer decent terms & a 3 year contract, he is one of the better class of player in division 1, where many other club scouts will have taken note, & will be looking to get Newells agent onside to turn his head.
    I was only saying last week on this board, his contract was up in the summer, & the club needed to act on a offer of a good contract.

I can’t see him signing

let’s hope the club don’t mess this one up like they have with previous players.

I hope hes offered a nice pay rise hes technically our best player .One who can defo step up to the Championship

Why the hell does Warne call him Newelly? Just sounds stupid putting a "y" on the end of certain names.
    Woody sounds ok but Newelly, nah 😕
    Hope we get him signed up though.

Never has been and never will be a championship player. Give him a contract so we can get some cash at sell on if we go up...
    If we don't he will be ok next season in league 1

Get him signed up sharpish Warney....

Now we seem to be bringing in better quality players, its about time TS starting extending contracts before they ran out and they walk away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Never has been and never will be a championship player. Give him a contract so we can get some cash at sell on if we go up...
    If we don't he will be ok next season in league 1
    Wrong mate very very wrong. The lad is a very good prospect and improving all the time and would be a good player in the Championship on the form he is in right now.

I think he can go on and get even better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast