+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Newell contract

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Wrong mate very very wrong. The lad is a very good prospect and improving all the time and would be a good player in the Championship on the form he is in right now.

I think he can go on and get even better.
    I think he's got better as the season has gone on. The form of Mattock has helped him greatly along with the clever play from Ball. He's good enough with good players around him and with them he wouldn't often let them down.

I think he has been a player that has gotten better and deserves another contract. Another 3 years and see what happens from there.

Newell has always been a good player but if his partner/s are not up to it then he can’t play his best game can he.

Him and Mattock together are best in reading each other

Wrong mate very very wrong. The lad is a very good prospect and improving all the time and would be a good player in the Championship on the form he is in right now.

Opinions can't be right or wrong let alone very very wrong.

In the 2 seasons for the millers and 2 season for Peterborough in the championship he has played 107 games scoring 8 goals. He looked promising for the first few month. Infact since Evans left he's been stealing a wage... Even this season upto December he's not looked good.. just because he's doing well in 2018 (in a lower division) doesn't mean he is improving enough to be a championship player..
    Btw he has also been relegated twice from the championship in those 4 seasons.

Joe Newell is a good player and now he is playing with better players,we are seeing a very good player and Warney deserves a lot of credit for bringing these better players to the club.TS should not hesitate in extending the contracts of a number of these young talented players we have.

I remember cringing when people made him the scapegoat at Crewe in the cup..ok his 2nd half was poor but he was our best player 1st half.
    He can hold his own in the championship no worries..it's not all about goals scored.
    With the right players around him he can be a key player next season.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Why the hell does Warne call him Newelly? Just sounds stupid putting a "y" on the end of certain names.
    Woody sounds ok but Newelly, nah ��
    Hope we get him signed up though.
    My mate keeps calling him Newey, I keep thinking we have signed another player.

Agreed very good footballer developing well

Everyone says he's a championship player. Is there proof of this or is it just opinion?

Makes no difference if he’s championship or not he’s gonna go anyway. If he’s a key player for us getting promoted money will push him away if he’s not then Barnsley will push him away from us lol

I don't know whether Newell is Championship standard or not but he's playing well at the moment and we should give him a new contract so we can get a fee for him if he subsequently moves on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast