+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slimani

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    How is he not innocent out of interest?

I'd be interested to hear how it is remotely his fault?
    me too!

I'm with Wilf on this.

Why take a player on loan, on huge wages, when you know you need goals to stay up, who hasn't played much for his home Club........and you KNOW he's injured.

Rafa would know.

Why not get a fit player on loan?

Because,just maybe,just maybe he was the only player available at such short notice! WE ALL know we needed a centre forward, Rafa said this over and over again,and he wanted them EARLY,we all know what happened, tweedle dee and tweedle dum sat on their bleeding hands until the very last minuite and this is what happens man. I would love to know what you think Rafa could have done,and how you can suggest hes partly to blame,unbelievable!

........in fact, come to think of it, why send a fit striker (Mitro) out on loan, on less money and replace him with another striker who's not fit (injured) who's costing more.

Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Because,just maybe,just maybe he was the only player available at such short notice! WE ALL know we needed a centre forward, Rafa said this over and over again,and he wanted them EARLY,we all know what happened, tweedle dee and tweedle dum sat on their bleeding hands until the very last minuite and this is what happens man. I would love to know what you think Rafa could have done,and how you can suggest hes partly to blame,unbelievable!
    I get that. We all know that.

But what's the point in buying an injured striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    I get that. We all know that.

But what's the point in buying an injured striker.
    Because as far as we were aware it was minor?

He passed medical, he trained all the previous week.

(I'm working on the info we have though, rather than the club/rafa)

Absolutely right
    Why take a risk on someone with a muscle injury with 10 games and send nitro out

And you can't. Lame ash

Rafa is in charge of all things footy
    And if he wasn't I'm sure he would bitch about it to the press and his adouring public

Whilst I understand the argument and criticism that letting out a fit Striker and bringing in an injured one, regardless of the medical etc, could be seen as misguided what we do know is that Rafa was unlikely to play Mitro.

Therefore, we are in the same position as we were but for me the real argument goes further back when Rafa was calling for a Striker last summer and the fact that NUFC would not pay the price for the Dutch Striker in the January transfer window. MA has once again gambled and it may pay-off but it is far too close to call. "Penny Wise Pound Foolish" my old mam used to say!

Why keep Mitro???? he WONT play him, pointless him being here, even though personally I rate him. Rafa had no choice other than get Slimani in, as far as were know it was a minor injury. This could all have been avoided if the fat controller had got his act tighter instead of acting like an imbicile,AGAIN I hate the fat cockney t..t

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Why keep Mitro???? he WONT play him, pointless him being here, even though personally I rate him. Rafa had no choice other than get Slimani in, as far as were know it was a minor injury. This could all have been avoided if the fat controller had got his act tighter instead of acting like an imbicile,AGAIN I hate the fat cockney t..t
    Obviously I'm totally with you as regards the fat tw@t but, just to play devil's advocate, you could argue that Rafa did have a choice in that he could have played Mitro.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)