+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Please vote with your feet..boycott needed

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    What banners? Meetings between or with who? Boycotts when?

Need to start making the point when those you see at fault taking their seats! Get behind the team until they have the game won then start getting back at the problems!
    There have been many many Thompson out banners at home and away games, plenty boo'n/chanting at Thompson during games, meetings between the Fed and United albiet Thompson gets the hangers on to filter any awkward questions which is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by smirky4 View Post
    There have been many many Thompson out banners at home and away games, plenty boo'n/chanting at Thompson during games, meetings between the Fed and United albiet Thompson gets the hangers on to filter any awkward questions which is a joke
    Not seen any banners, but i usually end up at the Shed end of the GF lower thanks to that stupid feckin ticket window! Similarly, i dont hear many dissenting voices in unison to get their point across. Usually a player/team/ST/shabba GTF as they walk oot the back door! A couple of lines of "Its a Mistery, Oh its a Mistery" should start it off nicely!

When the key questions are filtered out, or the crux of the problem refuses to come to a meeting, then the benefit is lost. The only good thing i see is that the big 6 are now talking together. They now need to get people on board who have the money to effect the change the club needs!

They now need to get people on board who have the money to effect the change the club needs!
    Moneys one thing but that has to be equalled with strategy/business plan

I heard Roy MacGregor getting interviewed today, I loved listening to his honesty, where we wants the club to be and how he plans on getting them where he believes they belong, brilliant interview

What banners? Meetings between or with who? Boycotts when?

Need to start making the point when those you see at fault taking their seats! Get behind the team until they have the game won then start getting back at the problems!
    Nah **** the players as well. Shower of ****ing cowards and wage thieves.

Well it’s official we are diet fun. The fun will always and forever be the fun, however we’re giving them a damn good run for their money right now!

Since Ray left, we have managed WWWD(Brechin)WWW where Fyvie got injured. Since then its L(Fraser injured)WLDLL with no credible replacements unearthed in the meantime. So as i said before, the evidence cannot be totally discounted! Brechin away could have been a win had McDonald taken his chance late on. Bizarre that you use Iniesta and Messi to try and make a point though!

Its also not Shabbas fault he was left with nothing after the 18 man squad of the summer spree and im not that convinced the new players are all his choice either. Been a huge number of bad decisions made this season that will ensure we stay in this league for another or maybe many more seasons!

Need a clean slate from board level, with someone coming in that will support the club and their manager and not use us supporters as their cash cow!
    Good post mate,i said we needed to do a Hibs in the January window and blow them all away,unfortunately we did the same as last season by signing a load of reject's from mediocre club's.

You're right about January window.

If you've no money to spend then the Jan window is pish.

Just to get back to the thread's title. I'm surprised at the lack of response to the call for a season ticket boycott. I'm sure it would spur the board into some action.

When the Rangers were trying to remain in the Premier League, our chairman initially backed them, but when the campaign of fans throughout Scotland to boycott season ticket sales gained momentum, Mr Thompson did a quick U-turn that Luggy would have been proud of and campaigned for them to be demoted to the bottom tier.

I'm sure that a statement made on behalf of United supporters would have a similar reaction and push the directors into actively looking for a buyer - and not at the ridiculous prices being quoted at the moment.

The prospect of no money stream over the close season couldn't be ignored and is the rocket up the arse that is needed.

The way that the club is heading at the moment, the argument that a boycott would do more harm than good doesn't hold water.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Just to get back to the thread's title. I'm surprised at the lack of response to the call for a season ticket boycott. I'm sure it would spur the board into some action.

When the Rangers were trying to remain in the Premier League, our chairman initially backed them, but when the campaign of fans throughout Scotland to boycott season ticket sales gained momentum, Mr Thompson did a quick U-turn that Luggy would have been proud of and campaigned for them to be demoted to the bottom tier.

I'm sure that a statement made on behalf of United supporters would have a similar reaction and push the directors into actively looking for a buyer - and not at the ridiculous prices being quoted at the moment.

The prospect of no money stream over the close season couldn't be ignored and is the rocket up the arse that is needed.

The way that the club is heading at the moment, the argument that a boycott would do more harm than good doesn't hold water.
    If people don’t want to buy a season ticket then don’t. If u don’t want to come to a game then don’t. Why should it bother you what I or anyone else does? I am so bored of greetin so called fans crying on here about Thomson. Yep he’s the devil incarnate and he hates the club and has to be beheaded. If only he had jumped off a bridge we would be promoted already by now. Yawn Effing Yawn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    If people don’t want to buy a season ticket then don’t. If u don’t want to come to a game then don’t. Why should it bother you what I or anyone else does? I am so bored of greetin so called fans crying on here about Thomson. Yep he’s the devil incarnate and he hates the club and has to be beheaded. If only he had jumped off a bridge we would be promoted already by now. Yawn Effing Yawn!!!
    I've no idea where to start with this post. Any takers?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)