+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Utter Crap

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    This squad ain’t good enough for promotion. End of. Wilder is spot on. That interview was a cry for investment. Imagine what I could do if you gave me some £££’s Mr McCabe. Sign off a transfer kitty of £10million plus in the summer or wave good bye to the best manager we’ve had since Warnock.
    We've said all along that while our first team with Coutts was good enough to beat anyone, the squad didn't have the depth or quality for a promotion side. It was nice to be top of the league, but I guess we all knew deep down that it wouldn't last.

For me, Wilder has been flapping about since before Christmas with formations and team selections, and not getting anywhere. The old 'you score 3 we score 4' style of play has been abandoned somewhat. I suppose another trip to the magic money tree in the summer might make a difference, but there's no getting past this one being on his plate.

were not ready for the prem i really think thats a gimme but weve come a hell of a long way under chris people should remember this i think we are maxed out there was signs of that against qpr but this season aint over yet still plenty of points to play for brooks and holmes coming back could still be key to the rest of the season i really think its time to play 1 up top with brooks and holmes just in behind then a midfield 3 of evans fleck and duffy be a lot more compact and would get our passing game back on track but one thing chris is alluding to is that if we want to have another crack at it next season we really have to get some championship quality players in the summer and abandon this league 1 and 2type of recruitment and if that means selling the boy wonder so be it keep the faith blades utb ftp

Totally agree with the OP

Beverley is a nice place,went downhill when we left there.

I don't think he screwed up but our players did.....I'm upset with the players and not CW.

Really one player change Evans for Coutts but we are miles apart from early season Wright in for me at the back moving Jack to Enda position
    Will be very frustrated if we finish 4 or 5 points outside play offs when you look back at results against Hull , Villa Bristol city and Bolton
    So many bad passes last night and again poor delivery from corners
    What are these so called coaches doing to improve these - nowt
    UTB

Hard luck blades on last nights game guy behind net with whistle interfered with game a few times. Guy had a one on one with keeper heard whistle and turned to referee who never blew it. Right harsh that

Hope you go up

From a miller

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I think you may well be right GB.

The interview was pretty full on, angry,upset and far too blunt.

It made him look a bit mardy and I imagine plenty of other club's fans will be ridiculing him.

Maybe he knows he screwed up and his anger is really with himself.

If not he's not done himself any favours.
    I totally agree TT. And while I’m on about it, I really don’t like the way he always tells the bods from Sky and the media that we should be bottom 8 with our budget whenever we get a result. That’s basically saying that the players aren’t good enough but he’s getting them to play above themselves. It might be true but it can’t be good for them, it just boosts his own image.

There that’s it said, slate wiped clean for me. No prophesies of doom, we move on and hopefully the players will prove him wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I totally agree TT. And while I’m on about it, I really don’t like the way he always tells the bods from Sky and the media that we should be bottom 8 with our budget whenever we get a result. That’s basically saying that the players aren’t good enough but he’s getting them to play above themselves. It might be true but it can’t be good for them, it just boosts his own image.

There that’s it said, slate wiped clean for me. No prophesies of doom, we move on and hopefully the players will prove him wrong.
    Thinking about it, in his time with us, it's his first prolonged spell of stuttering results not stellar runs and, if you look at it with this in mind, he's tarnished his glowing image a bit.

We know he's not a bottler and he's obviously no diplomat either but , a couple of times, when we've not performed, he's deflected the spotlight on to the performers. With that last night he put them firmly in the full glare.

We don't want to see a good loser but we need to see a bit more than a rant from our leader.

The rest of the season will be interesting, how the players react to that will also be enlightening.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Thinking about it, in his time with us, it's his first prolonged spell of stuttering results not stellar runs and, if you look at it with this in mind, he's tarnished his glowing image a bit.

We know he's not a bottler and he's obviously no diplomat either but , a couple of times, when we've not performed, he's deflected the spotlight on to the performers. With that last night he put them firmly in the full glare.

We don't want to see a good loser but we need to see a bit more than a rant from our leader.

The rest of the season will be interesting, how the players react to that will also be enlightening.
    Could there be a first crack in the support for CW? If we plummet now then the axe will be out. Hope the team can get through the next few games and show some spirit. We need the intensity back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Could there be a first crack in the support for CW? If we plummet now then the axe will be out. Hope the team can get through the next few games and show some spirit. We need the intensity back.
    As in all matters Chips CW'sbeen feted totally even when theres been a few little glitches .

Now he's put himself in the spotlight there will be more knockers appearing.

He's on a learning curve . He's got enough in the bank to keep him in place for a long time.

How will he cope with his mistakes, that's the acid test.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast