+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Utter Crap

As one or two have alluded to in this thread it does make you wonder, apart from all the take over rubbish going on if there isn't something else or somethings happened that has upset the playing side of things and the manager. It would be just the typical blades way....
    "Forget the fact that we had a great start and at one point we were lying second even top spot, had a bouncing day massacre, getting 26-27 thous fans at home each week,,, we will screw it up for you... Chris.....", SUFC f**k it up committee.
    Stroll on tuesday see if we can bounce back.....
    weather allowing...

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    I must confess I can’t comment on most of the game as I stopped watching after about 20 minutes. Up to then it was awful and I couldn’t see it getting any better. It appears I made a wise decision. Having wasted 20 minutes of my life, at least I saved a further 70 to 75.
    I’ve never thought promotion was a realistic target this year. I’m happy to watch the rest of the season without any worry about the result. I’ll just enjoy remembering last season - I’m sure that will be less harmful for my health.

What sort of Blade doesn't watch the match on TV ??????????

Only kidding lol

Our lass was working last night from 5pm to 3am so I had the house all to myself and could swear and rant at the TV all I wanted too.

Although the game was on in my house I watched the first 27 minutes very keenly, then I came on Blades Mad and said how shyte it was, then I found myself doing odd jobs like emptying the tumble dryer, sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor, hanging a painting up and catching up with some paperwork.

I kept coming back for two or three minutes to see if there was any improvement and on the 84 minute mark I turned the channel over to watch Episode 4 in series 2 of Jamestown.

I never thought I'd do stuff like that again with Wilder in charge, win lose or draw I thought at least we'd contribute in some way to a game of football.
    But that performance has been coming for a couple of months.

We started the bad run by outplaying teams and being unlucky.
    Then the confidence visibly took a bit of a knock, but in spite of this we were still trying hard and carried a threat in most games.

But the last few weeks have seen the return of the win ugly, draw ugly and lose ugly, a cross between Kevin Blackwell's anti football type of performance and Nigel Adkins clueless football, and I just will not associate myself with that type of football ever again.

some good results for us today dont think we will make play offs now or get owt at reading tuesday so for me our last roll of the dice for this season starts next sat against burton and if there all fit get duffy holmes and brooks on from the start and go for it for all the whingeing weve been doin after last night its still been a great season i hope our fans realise that coyraww utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    some good results for us today dont think we will make play offs now or get owt at reading tuesday so for me our last roll of the dice for this season starts next sat against burton and if there all fit get duffy holmes and brooks on from the start and go for it for all the whingeing weve been doin after last night its still been a great season i hope our fans realise that coyraww utb ftp

Yes, it has still been a great season. I think the problem is not just last nights performance it's the visible difference in our attitude and style of play over a two month period.
    If we are going to miss out on the play offs we should have at least kept the blueprint of attacking, entertaining football in place for another attempt next year.
    Next year doesn't bear thinking about if there is a continuation of the last two months or so, because we all know that decent investment in the team isn't going to happpen.
    That's the reason people are getting a bit twitchy I think.

It was bad against QPR and was abysmal last night. Without a decent one you don't win games unless you play HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

It's called MIDFIELD.

EVANS-FLECK-DUFFY. Can't see any other serious combination.

ok shall we just move on......we are still in the mix and rivals are dropping points just as we are. The season is still alive, we are not going down and for me reaching the playoffs would be a huge bonus.

Plenty to look forward to, not least watching events across the city 😂

yeah and it puts in to perspective today with forest putting 5 past the hoops however and its very doubtful if we beat reading and then burton were right back in the mix again just go for it now chris this season is far from over yet

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    It was bad against QPR and was abysmal last night. Without a decent one you don't win games unless you play HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

It's called MIDFIELD.

EVANS-FLECK-DUFFY. Can't see any other serious combination.

I think there's too much competition now for that uncreative holding midfield role, Lundstram, Evans, Leonard and even Basham filling in there, you can even count Fleck in that role lately because he doesn't seem to want to get forward at all anymore.

Only Duffy carries an attacking threat from midfield but he's 108 years old and can't keep the pace up for 90 minutes and can't play, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday.

He had a shocker last night, but Leonard has been described by Southend fans as a box to box midfielder so I still hold out hopes that he will be given licence to get forward a bit and maybe find some way of fitting into the team for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    ok shall we just move on......we are still in the mix and rivals are dropping points just as we are. The season is still alive, we are not going down and for me reaching the playoffs would be a huge bonus.

Plenty to look forward to, not least watching events across the city 😂
    If everybody 'just moved on' after every game, regardless of the result, there would be no need for , and purpose to, the various fora.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    I think there's too much competition now for that uncreative holding midfield role, Lundstram, Evans, Leonard and even Basham filling in there, you can even count Fleck in that role lately because he doesn't seem to want to get forward at all anymore.

Only Duffy carries an attacking threat from midfield but he's 108 years old and can't keep the pace up for 90 minutes and can't play, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday.

He had a shocker last night, but Leonard has been described by Southend fans as a box to box midfielder so I still hold out hopes that he will be given licence to get forward a bit and maybe find some way of fitting into the team for next season.
    Those boxes must be a lot closer together at Southend JJ.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast