+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Utter Crap

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Could there be a first crack in the support for CW? If we plummet now then the axe will be out. Hope the team can get through the next few games and show some spirit. We need the intensity back.
    Not for me personally. No crack showing here. I find Unitedites to be on the pessimistic side of realist. We know he's brought us a long way, given us pride again in our team and the hope that we can do better. We are above where I thought we'd be in the league, but having been much higher, there is no doubt that we can be a bit disappointed with the last three months. I'm a big believer that losing teaches us more about the man than winning does. Its easy when you're winning every week. This is when I want to really see the cut of the bloke, but he's still got my support, and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

However, I'm am waiting patiently for the first 'he's taken us as far as he can' post. Wonder who its going to be..? .

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Not for me personally. No crack showing here. I find Unitedites to be on the pessimistic side of realist. We know he's brought us a long way, given us pride again in our team and the hope that we can do better. We are above where I thought we'd be in the league, but having been much higher, there is no doubt that we can be a bit disappointed with the last three months. I'm a big believer that losing teaches us more about the man than winning does. Its easy when you're winning every week. This is when I want to really see the cut of the bloke, but he's still got my support, and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

However, I'm am waiting patiently for the first 'he's taken us as far as he can' post. Wonder who its going to be..? .
    As most on here know FKB I’m a glass half full type boardering happy clapper and I support Wilder 100% and rate him as our best manager since Bassett. You’re right, there are ‘fans’ out there rubbing their hands and are never happier when things aren’t going well and they can have a pop at the manager or club. The same fans probably predicted we’d struggle and they would be happy us just staying up, but now 7th isnt good enough and it gives them a chance to revert to type. I’ve not a lot of time for them TBH, it’s more important them being right then the team doing well.

But that said, I’m never ever going to ignore the (IMO) obvious and clap away merrily when I think Chris has got it wrong and last night I think he was as much to blame as the players. I’m also not as in awe of his media interviews as some are but we move on. I hope he’s here for many a year even though I’m not convinced that he does.

Last night was an important match and a chance to get in the top six and really make a statement. What happened was, quite probably, the worst performance since he took the job.
    The team really were awful last night and you can look at tactics all you like but you cant hide the obvious, the team couldnt make a simple pass, couldnt win a tackle and couldnt close down the opposition.
    It was just utter crap weve not seen since Madkins was in charge. However it's happened and we have brush down and move on to Burton

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    Last night was an important match and a chance to get in the top six and really make a statement. What happened was, quite probably, the worst performance since he took the job.
    The team really were awful last night and you can look at tactics all you like but you cant hide the obvious, the team couldnt make a simple pass, couldnt win a tackle and couldnt close down the opposition.
    It was just utter crap weve not seen since Madkins was in charge. However it's happened and we have brush down and move on to Burton
    We’ve got Reading away on Tuesday first JE. Another crap team that we should beat if we can get it together.

I totally agree with your comments mate, it wasn’t like watching United under Wilder. It’s a bit baffling to be honest how almost every player lost the ability to pass, tackle head and run with the ball. Wilder didn’t seem his normal in the pre match interview either, makes me wonder if something had gone off.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    But that said, I’m never ever going to ignore the (IMO) obvious and clap away merrily when I think Chris has got it wrong and last night I think he was as much to blame as the players. I’m also not as in awe of his media interviews as some are but we move on. I hope he’s here for many a year even though I’m not convinced that he does.

My lad is in a situation at work right now. He's got a good manager who got everything running great, but slowly, as he's needed to adapt to changes (people leaving, etc) he's made the wrong change, then changed too much, then changed things that didn't need changing, etc etc. Now he's just lost, their numbers are poor, but instead of tackling it, hes spinning around not knowing what to change next, scared to make the next change in case it gets even worse.

I believe good, competent people make mistakes. That's a fact. The trick is to know to chuck the shovel away while you can still climb out of the hole.

I think Chris has made a number of mistakes. It doesn't make him less of a manager, but the fact remains that he's been tinkering a lot to find our best team without Coutts, and we've not really got close to the form we had with Paul in the side. For me, we need to go back to the midfield, up the tempo and movement and keep the ball on the ground.

The most logical explanation I can think of for last night is that the managers went to the wrong dressing rooms.

As FKB says we will find out more about Wilder in adversity both on and off the pitch.Last night was not good from him and ,hopefully, was an aberration.

Previously, when we've had a disapponting result, it's been 'we'll go again'. Last night was a totally different script which is puzzling and gives the conspiracy theorists plenty to ponder on.

I've noticed , particularly on FB, that.and to a leseer degree on here that,when we've had a bad result, any hint of criticism by anyone has been shouted down by virtually everyone else regardless of the criticism being constuctive or valid.

There's a little bit of a shift in that now and my two (non conspiratorial theories) are, like Gray Blade says, something's gone off or just that, after the magnificent start,(Auto on the cards for some), then the fall away followed by a mini revival ( play offs firmly back on) that last night's result, against a previous numpty manager, was a nailed on 3 points for us and the disappointment, the non performance, was just too hard to bear for many, CW included.

CW's reaction was not, for me, reverse psychology. It was despair and disappointment, we'd failed a simple test in front of the Sky cameras and I think he knows that we know that it was down to his decisions.

you could well be right tt but i wouldnt rule the reverse pyscology theory out either who knows one thing i believe will come out of last nights disaster is that with nothing to lose for the rest of the season he may well go back to his original tactics and just go for it every game and that has to mean playing our best 11 from the off getting our noses in front and then bring others on to shore things up still got great belief in chris but i do think hes becoming increasingly frustrated at having to shop in league 1 utb ftp

I think Chris wears his heart on his sleeve but has to temper this as a manager not a fan. I was somewhat surprised though to hear him say that only two players were absolved from any responsibility for the result. My surprise was partly because he felt there were TWO such players but mainly because Jamal Blackman wasn’t one of them. He made several decent saves and one excellent one. Without his efforts we would have been far more embarrased. I accept that Billy and Leon didn’t get much service but Jam seemed to get almost no defensive cover at all but still put in a sterling performance.

Hopefully Alan Knill and Dave Bassett will provide Chris with some wise counsel over the weekend enough to pick him up again to motivate him and the lads for Tuesday.

Agreed Silent, Blackman was our man of the match, no other contenders.

Clarke deserves a point deduction off his already low score for being daft enough to stop when in a position to shoot because that goon blew a whistle. It must have been distracting, Hull’s fans only ever blew when we were attacking and threw balls into our area. It was just as we thought would happen and all the ‘let’s be fair and only do it at specified times’ went out of the window once they realised they could effect the result of the game. But even so, Clarke should have taken the shot and asked later.

I must confess I can’t comment on most of the game as I stopped watching after about 20 minutes. Up to then it was awful and I couldn’t see it getting any better. It appears I made a wise decision. Having wasted 20 minutes of my life, at least I saved a further 70 to 75.
    I’ve never thought promotion was a realistic target this year. I’m happy to watch the rest of the season without any worry about the result. I’ll just enjoy remembering last season - I’m sure that will be less harmful for my health.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast