+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Utter Crap

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    We know Leonard isn’t as bad as we’ve seen tonight, same goes for Evans. Collectively they were Shiite not one solid performance. Only Blackman and Basham deserve above a 3.

They are all decent players, but they are all similar players and like somebody above has said they cannot all play at the same time.
    They are win it and pass it sideways to somebody more creative types of players.

Our creativity has long gone and every game is now a struggle.

The players who needed replacing in January are our best players, Fleck and Duffy. That might sound daft because when I say replace I don't mean literally replace them, I mean they are the types of players who should have had serious competition for their places

I here Wilder’s had a rant in his interview but to be honest I’m not interested this time around. I must be one of his biggest fans but I think that he needs to have a good look at himself after that shower of ****e.

How many if us thought that a midfield three of Fleck, Evans and Leonard had enough attacking flair and why did every player just hoof it out of deference especially in the first half? That has to be down to Wilder’s instructions, not one player tried to consistently pass the ball out of defense until the second half, but they scored the goal and that killed it just as it looked like we’d started to play.

Chris and Alan are as much to blame for that shocker.

I think you may well be right GB.

The interview was pretty full on, angry,upset and far too blunt.

It made him look a bit mardy and I imagine plenty of other club's fans will be ridiculing him.

Maybe he knows he screwed up and his anger is really with himself.

If not he's not done himself any favours.

Wouldn't be United if things went along nice and smoothly would it ?

We've had our good times for the next 20 years I'm afraid

Winning the Third Division and giving it a decent go in the Championship for half a season. I think that's enough excitement for us for a while

Obviously us Nobbers are happy tonight however I just watched his interview and I thought CW truly looked p1ssed off just due to the fact I don’t think he has seen his team play like that this season. I think he is truly not happy with the performance with a smidgen of over to you lads to prove me wrong. You have had a crackin first season back in the Championship and like us you still have plenty to play for and there will be many twists and turns before the season ends from a load of clubs still in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I think you may well be right GB.

The interview was pretty full on, angry,upset and far too blunt.

It made him look a bit mardy and I imagine plenty of other club's fans will be ridiculing him.

Maybe he knows he screwed up and his anger is really with himself.

If not he's not done himself any favours.
    So according to Wilder, Jack O’Connel must have decided not to bomb forward and overlap once in the whole game and he wasn’t playing to instructions, and every player just decided to lump it out of defence and hope somebody got a flick on for most of the first half?

It doesn’t stack up TT, either something’s gone off behind the scenes or Chris tried to change the way we play (again) and it’s backfired. He needs to take as muchresponsibility as the players for this one and leave being p1ssed off to the the fans.

This squad ain’t good enough for promotion. End of. Wilder is spot on. That interview was a cry for investment. Imagine what I could do if you gave me some £££’s Mr McCabe. Sign off a transfer kitty of £10million plus in the summer or wave good bye to the best manager we’ve had since Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    I've listened to the Radio Pig interview attached TT. He sounds pretty crestfallen. Listen carefully he makes references to whats happening behind the scenes, players being maxed out and looking to what needs to be done in the summer. Sounds like a plea to the Board to get their act together and a realisation that some of the players have gone as far as they can. Also says he's turned the Club around from the state it was in and makes it very clear he's not interested in consolidation. Genuinely fear if off the field doesn't sort itself out we could lose him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05z5tgn

Well, the Sheffield United job is the ultimate graveyard for managers, if we can manage to break Wilders spirit well then we're in big trouble.
    I can't see how any player could be motivated by that interview, and he said he's not playing mind games with them.

I also think he could have included Jamal in goal for a bit of praise as well as the front two.

we've been struggling for a while but thought things were starting to improve....clearly not las night.

Perhaps we need a crisis to sort things out. At least we can only get better and no way is the season over.

Wilders toughest test so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Well CW says 'that's it, play offs gone, do our best for the rest of the season but that's it for us.

Says it's not playing mind games with the players, that's just what he thinks, being honest.Any of the top 6 coming here would have won that. the only 2 who deserve any praise are the front 2'

Not a happy chap but , on Sky, saying that, risks being called a mardy *rse by many.

By Blades will it be seen as just being honest?
    The MESSIAH in my opinion was just sayin what the vast majority of BLADES were thinkin,it was a Adkins like performance(when he was at BDBL) by us,from start to finish we wern't "at it" I dint think anyone played anywhere near their potential but the front 2 dint have much sevice and as much as FLECKY's my favrit player he also was pish poor toneet,i wudda hooked Evans before Leonard altho as i've said it really cudda been anyone to be subbed.Very disapointin result and performance,certainly the worst this season and since the MESSIAH arrived.UTCB

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast