+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why change it

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Based on what?
    Based on the fact we have been crap/average for several weeks now

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    Based on the fact we have been crap/average for several weeks now
    That doesn’t mean we’ll be crap/average next season, and even our crap and average performances over the last 10 games would still see us in mid-table. The 5 defeats on the trot in December messed things up big time, but it hasn’t been relegation form since the new year mate.

I actually thought you meant because Wilder will have been p1ssed off gone by then in which case I’d agree, but Hull apart we don’t look anything like relegation fodder IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    That doesn’t mean we’ll be crap/average next season, and even our crap and average performances over the last 10 games would still see us in mid-table. The 5 defeats on the trot in December messed things up big time, but it hasn’t been relegation form since the new year mate.

I actually thought you meant because Wilder will have been p1ssed off gone by then in which case I’d agree, but Hull apart we don’t look anything like relegation fodder IMO.
    For me all the signs are there. I've posted a more in depth view on Deadbat's thread. We haven't got the calibre of players and this summer's recruitment policy will be make or break.

For me all the signs are there. I've posted a more in depth view on Deadbat's thread. We haven't got the calibre of players and this summer's recruitment policy will be make or break.
    GB, if you keeping saying it then eventually you will be right. But that shouldn't be the way it is, the team and the management need
    our support now more than ever.

UTCB

So far CW's signing's have made the step up needed and maybe that's suckered him into thinking it will work for them all.

Patently it has not. It's early days with the JTW mob but, integration into the side notwithstanding, they don't look the part at all.

That's why the close season will be critical, both in terms of money available and QUALITY of players recruited, not quantity.

Well if we do go darn next season at least we know what to expect in't "Pub League" don't we? UTCB

don't think we'll go down this season or next, and not a disaster if we don't go up for a couple of seasons - Championship is much more interesting than Premiership which is a complete drag unless you are one of the top for or five teams. Would prefer us to consolidate and strengthen rather than go up too soon.

It does amaze me how (depending what camp we’re in) that we can go from ‘beat Hull and we’re right in the mix and either way, it’s been a good first season back’ to ‘we’re completely fecked this season and even worse is coming next’.

I think the reality probably lies somewhere in between the two views.

Just posted this on the Report from the sofa thread-

Splitting the season in half ( almost) to date , we garnered 33 points from the first 16 games when, as almost everyone agrees, we took the league by storm, the new kids on the block surprised everyone.

In the next 17 games to date, including Hull, we have garnered 19 points at an average of 1.17 points per game.

Extrapolating that to a full 46 game season gives us just shy of 54 points.

Obviously that's a simplistic view but we are where we are and the recent results are more pertinent than those of the early season.

Maybe there is a bit more cause for concern than we think and, with the ownership shenanigans, will the money be there to improve the squad sufficieently?

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Just posted this on the Report from the sofa thread-

Splitting the season in half ( almost) to date , we garnered 33 points from the first 16 games when, as almost everyone agrees, we took the league by storm, the new kids on the block surprised everyone.

In the next 17 games to date, including Hull, we have garnered 19 points at an average of 1.17 points per game.

Extrapolating that to a full 46 game season gives us just shy of 54 points.

Obviously that's a simplistic view but we are where we are and the recent results are more pertinent than those of the early season.

Maybe there is a bit more cause for concern than we think and, with the ownership shenanigans, will the money be there to improve the squad sufficieently?
    I did the did the same thing TT but I took the post Coutts injury losing 5 on the bounce out of the equation and it puts us in 12th in 2018. I think that’s probably a fair assement of where we are right now and it’s not just us who’s form has dipped hence we’re still hanging in there.

The main thing we all (and Wilder) want now is clarity from the board and owners, but I don’t think I we should write us off getting into the play offs just yet...even if Wilder says he has.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast