+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hull 1 United 0 -view from the sofa

i agree with gaunche for once on this one chris knows without funds in the summer we wont have the quality to mount another promotion challenge we have overachieved this season but chris alan and the boys have given us a brilliant season so thanks to em all its been a great ride and its certainly not all over yet utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    i agree with gaunche for once on this one chris knows without funds in the summer we wont have the quality to mount another promotion challenge we have overachieved this season but chris alan and the boys have given us a brilliant season so thanks to em all its been a great ride and its certainly not all over yet utb ftp
    Chris is no mug and he can see what's coming and obviously he wants to protect himself and his reputation a bit as well... he's never battled relegation in his entire managerial career and I'm sure as hell he doesn't want to start doing so with his boyhood team of all clubs! All the signs are pointing to a tough tough season next year unless there is a strategic change from the top.

slightly disagree there gaunche if we dont go up will be a tough season but i think the squad he has now would still be ok in mid table even if there are no additions in the summer and 3 good quality signings would imo see us mounting another promotion challenge

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    slightly disagree there gaunche if we dont go up will be a tough season but i think the squad he has now would still be ok in mid table even if there are no additions in the summer and 3 good quality signings would imo see us mounting another promotion challenge
    But why is CW kicking up such a fuss about this then? He knows more than anyone and if he is this frustrated then that's a massive red flag in my eyes.

hes frustrated because he knows we were playing so well and so close to gaining back to back promotions to be honest i didnt think we could keep it up if im honest no injuries and i think we would have done it but he knows with a bit more ambition from the boardroom we wouldnt have been far off and dont forget were not out of it yet

He’s got every right to be unhappy after that total dross on Friday.
    By far the worst performance of the season and maybe the worst since he too charge.
    I think all of this is just designed to get the squad to wake up and not produce another performance like that one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123