+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fulham v Wolves Matchday Thread

Woody will feel alright about missing this one

Fulham arent great, just playing a solid game.

Afobe on now for Saiss.

Poor.

FT 2-0....a thoroughly deserved win for Fulham. It seems that without Neves we fall apart. Cav' can hold his head high, but there were too many second-rate performances for Wolves tonight. We were out-fought and out-thought and, frankly, did not look anything like
    Prem.League material. We will bounce back....we must bounce back !!!, but if we are not careful, Cardiff will be looking over our shoulder ....perish the thought. Goodnight, Wolfies.

will still get promoted, even if we stumble across the finishing line.
    been a while since we passed the ball to the other side as often as we did the night.
    fulham look a tidy bet to go up an all.
    disappointed but still top !!
    might be looking at a position where we rely on other teams to slip up now..

If you were looking at this game with no prior knowledge of our "top of the league" position you'd say say that Fulham were the promotion contenders, not us. I've always said that Neves is a ***** part of our team, but surely we MUST be able to play without him. I wasn't there, so obviously there are things I wouldn't see, but we looked disjointed, disorganised and virtually always 2nd to the ball and what has happened to our goal scoring "strikers" FFS.

It's massive news when Wolves lose

We were poor, Fulham played a decent game, we need to get back on track sooner rather than later.

Cardiff are putting a run together, we have stagnated.

That was our first away defeat since October!

You're right grizz, Cavaleiro was and is some player.
    Last edited by Newcy Wolf; 24-02-2018 at 08:43 PM.

I blame 71, if we had used my "Matchdat" thread we would have bloody won!

I don't think there was a lot of difference between the two sides up until when Fulham took the lead. But what was noticeable to me was the way Fulham pressed Wolves, not with just one player, but two and three each time we had the ball. We made more mistakes in one game last night when on the ball, than we have done all season.

Fulham had a decent tempo to their game, compared to the one Wolves played, we sat off them and possession isn't always everything, but the chances they did have, they capitalised on our mistakes. Norwich on Wednesday evening and Fulham last night, Ruddy and his defenders are starting to look vulnerable. I was situated just to the right of Ruddy's goal in the first half and even now i feel he should've done better in dealing with the shot that led to Sessegnon's goal. I can see why there's plenty of interest in the player.

I actually think Nuno got it wrong in pairing both N'Diaye and Saiss in the same side, creativity was virtually nothing. In my opinion it should've been Saiss, instead of N'Diaye that was was substituted for Gibbs-White.

I am a believer in thinking you always start with your best eleven, when available, but of late Jota has struggled, maybe like quite a few of his team-mates he's looking leggy.

The second goal killed Wolves off and Coady struggled against Mitrovic for most of the game. John Ruddy has to do better with Mitrovic's effort. Ruddy hasn't given me much confidence of late and it spreads across the back line. It would've been good to at least get a goal back, but you always know it's not going to be your night when Jota squandered his chance.

The Reading game will now be seen as a must win game, but i see all games for the remainder of the season as just that. It just goes to show on last night's performance what Ruben Neves brings to this Wolves side, take him out of the side and we see a performance like that.

Excellent report 71. That was just how I saw it although you reported it better than I could!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)