+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AH toning down expectations

AH toning down expectations

Latest tweets:

"Our 3 and 5 year plan didn’t have us promoted this season. This year was about consolidation, get the building blocks and infrastructure in place. But the fact we’re right up there and giving ourselves a real shot is a massive bonus. Let’s see where it takes us. Enjoy the journey"

"Laying solid foundations for the future was our prime target this year. You can’t build a magnificent structure on sand"

Bit of a change from automatics and consolidation in League 1 next year. Sounds as if reality has hit.

What I don't get is how KN got this side to perform in the second half of last season but can't replicate it this season - if he did we'd be up.

So no possible matches v Sunderland, Birmingham and still an outside chance of the inbreds racing past our ground to play Rushcliffe Rovers - how much would that hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Latest tweets:

"Our 3 and 5 year plan didn’t have us promoted this season. This year was about consolidation, get the building blocks and infrastructure in place. But the fact we’re right up there and giving ourselves a real shot is a massive bonus. Let’s see where it takes us. Enjoy the journey"

"Laying solid foundations for the future was our prime target this year. You can’t build a magnificent structure on sand"

Bit of a change from automatics and consolidation in League 1 next year. Sounds as if reality has hit.

What I don't get is how KN got this side to perform in the second half of last season but can't replicate it this season - if he did we'd be up.

So no possible matches v Sunderland, Birmingham and still an outside chance of the inbreds racing past our ground to play Rushcliffe Rovers - how much would that hurt?
    he tried to get in a decent striker, failed and is now being a realist, nothing wrong with that

didn't they slack off at the end of last season once safety had been secured ?

guess you'll have to suck your collective dummies re the possible matches.

Seen that.Definately toned down his spin.No wonder we couldn't get players to sign in Jan if we were telling them consolidation was order of the day for this season when sitting pretty in the table.
    Starting to think he doesn't have the funds like RT alluded to

Lowering the bar is rarely a good thing. I can only hope that internally we are talking differently and setting more targets.

Referring to a 3-5 year plan is a bit naive - dampening expectations this year will simply defer them to next. Plus the problem with all plans is that Life tends to get in the way - factors outside of our control may mean that they are never realised.

Even with the shortcomings of the squad - and it will need investment in the close season regardless of where we finish - not capitalising on the position we’re in will be an opportunity missed.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    he tried to get in a decent striker, failed and is now being a realist, nothing wrong with that

didn't they slack off at the end of last season once safety had been secured ?

guess you'll have to suck your collective dummies re the possible matches.
    Spot on, you cannot criticise the effort and ambition from where we were this time last year to today is worlds apart for which we must be grateful, too many football geniuses who think they know it all, when basically they appear to know S.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Seen that.Definately toned down his spin.No wonder we couldn't get players to sign in Jan if we were telling them consolidation was order of the day for this season when sitting pretty in the table.
    Of course he may have spent the funds clearing up after R.T. just a thought like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Of course he may have spent the funds clearing up after R.T. just a thought like.
    He announced recently, I think before the Swansea replay or thereabouts, that the club was £250k better off than he had budgeted for - ah - Red Rag Jan 19 "Notts County owner Alan Hardy reveals club losses are £250,000 less than expected, as he dreams of Premier League scalp in FA Cup: "

Just a fact - like.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Like your posts, Irish, but oh how I wish you'd learn that definitely does NOT have an a in it. When I was a teacher, it was among the most annoying mis-spellings along with separate NOT seperate (there's a rat in separate, I taught the kids).
    I think it was the hammering at Swansea and subsequent crash in form that has changed his worldview. At the time of the transfer window I believe he was still chipper.

If we were what he have now a year ago who would have refused it ???

More realism less spin. Isn't that what we have all been asking for?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast