+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Laurie or PH to end of season??

It's difficult not to feel sympathetic for Csaba - he is now fighting to save his job.

The players who he has given an opportunity to have let him down badly, the players have failed to impose themselves in games, they have not been good enough and it's the players who should be taking responsibility for this.

The players have let the club, fans and manager down.

We were losing games when we had few injuries, so the argument that it's due to players being injured is nonsense - it's due to players not contributing, having no bull fight and under performing.

Amazingly, United are still contenders to make the play offs - Csaba now has to rally the players, get them organised, motivate them and get them playing with pride and start grinding out results.

The challenge for the players is to start winning games, keep a clean sheet and get ready for the play offs - if any of the players think they will fall short of this challenge they should do the decent thing and and for their contract to be ripped up.

It's time for the players to stand up and take responsibility for this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I wish folk would understand changing everything every few months is part of the problem.
    I would normally agree but Shabba has been given funds and his signings are not making any positive impact. We should also definitely be performing better in this league than we are, even with our injury list.

A cheeky offer for Tommy Wright would be my preference. He's wanted away from them for a while but for whatever reason he isn't getting a sniff for bigger jobs. With the NI job now off the table, he might consider coming to a club with greater potential than the one he's at?

Wishful thinking I know, especially with ST still at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedArabEmAright View Post
    I would normally agree but Shabba has been given funds and his signings are not making any positive impact. We should also definitely be performing better in this league than we are, even with our injury list.

A cheeky offer for Tommy Wright would be my preference. He's wanted away from them for a while but for whatever reason he isn't getting a sniff for bigger jobs. With the NI job now off the table, he might consider coming to a club with greater potential than the one he's at?

Wishful thinking I know, especially with ST still at the helm.
    ST will not contemplate compensation for any manager at this time, hence the cheap option for shabba

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedArabEmAright View Post
    I have my doubts that the players that arrived during January are Shabbas choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I have my doubts that the players that arrived during January are Shabbas choice.
    Shabba said he'd known of Lyng beforehand so he was definitely HIS signing

Signings made have been absolute junk.

Compare it to likes of Livi who signed / loaned some decent players without spending

My biggest concern is that the players might not respect or play well for CL.

Plenty senior players in there who should know what they are doing. Let Laurie do what he can with them to end of season and give us some more chance of going up 2nd and then up in play offs

Neither

Stability, Belief and Respect
    The players we have in our squad must muster these 3 qualities and if that's achieved we should pull ourselves out of this mess
    They have got to get a settled team on the park to give them a bit of stability
    They have to believe in themselves that they can achieve results
    They must respect that the supporters are the paying jo-public thats paying to put ar**s on seats to watch them perform and want to see them put that 110% in everytime they pull on that Tangerine jersey

COME ON LADS DONT LET US DOWN ANY LONGER LETS PROVE YERSELVES

PBAA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)