+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Copthorne Meeting

Copthorne Meeting

Shareholders invited to attend a meeting on 3rd March for an update regards ownership of the club

Kevin, Scott and Simon will all be there

Foxy says there's a way to go before all becomes clear, but at least some questions may be answered as to who's who in the race for the club

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.ph...-update.62583/

I’m thinking of going to this.
    Probably a waste of time and effort, but it would be nice to know what’s what - even if it is only from one side.

A new way for the board of directors to f@ck things up.
    Selling our better players in January might have resulted in CW walking so they've had to create unrest and uncertainty instead, and wait until the summer to sell whoever we get an offer for

Am I right in thinking that it was the prince's bid for overall control that started all this uncertainty?

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Am I right in thinking that it was the prince's bid for overall control that started all this uncertainty?
    I believe so TT. Apparently he had an option to buy the other half (but not for £1j which he has now triggered.
    The uncertainty appears to be about which assets are included - and at what value. I assume (but don’t know) that he wants the land and buildings, but the McC’s don’t want to part with them.
    Hopefully, we will know a bit more after the meeting - although on past record - I’m not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    I believe so TT. Apparently he had an option to buy the other half (but not for £1j which he has now triggered.
    The uncertainty appears to be about which assets are included - and at what value. I assume (but don’t know) that he wants the land and buildings, but the McC’s don’t want to part with them.
    Hopefully, we will know a bit more after the meeting - although on past record - I’m not holding my breath.
    Not sure that's correct Ronnie

Holden C reckons it's KM that set the ball rolling as it's his company that triggered the clause

Now whether KM is calling the Princes bluff with a put up or shut up scenario I don't know. Isn't it rumoured that perhaps KM has other investors waiting in the wings?

Then add that tweet as well with a couple of supporters pictured with KM and the poster saying Kev says "he isn't going anywhere"

Interesting to say the least

nice one ronnie let us know the outcome it seems to me that it is a battle for control of the club sounds like king kev and the prince may both have new investors lined up thing one things crystal clear the partnership is going to be dissolved in the next few months

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Not sure that's correct Ronnie

Holden C reckons it's KM that set the ball rolling as it's his company that triggered the clause

Now whether KM is calling the Princes bluff with a put up or shut up scenario I don't know. Isn't it rumoured that perhaps KM has other investors waiting in the wings?

Then add that tweet as well with a couple of supporters pictured with KM and the poster saying Kev says "he isn't going anywhere"

Interesting to say the least
    You could well be right B58. No one outside the interested parties, seems to know exactly what’s going on.
    That’s why I intend to go to the meeting - though whether all will be crystal clear thereafter - I have grave doubts.
    We shall see.

I’m thinking of going to this.
    Probably a waste of time and effort, but it would be nice to know what’s what - even if it is only from one side.
    Hope you do Ronnie. I would trust implicitly your feedback.

You could well be right B58. No one outside the interested parties, seems to know exactly what’s going on.
    That’s why I intend to go to the meeting - though whether all will be crystal clear thereafter - I have grave doubts.
    We shall see.
    Cheers Ronnie, I hope the 70-75 minutes of your life you saved by not watching all of last night's debacle aren't wasted in the Copthorne.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast