+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Copthorne Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    cheers ronnie, i hope the 70-75 minutes of your life you saved by not watching all of last night's debacle aren't wasted in the copthorne.

Have a like TT

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Would be good if you did Ronnie and provide some feedback. Agree no-one knows whats going on its all speculation at the moment. I share your doubts about clarity but hope they at least answer the questions why has this happened and why now.
    According to my letter........ “As far as practical, the Board of Directors think it is important that the shareholders should be entitled to be brought up to date concerning ownership matters.”...................”at an informal forum”.

It’s the “AS FAR AS PRACTICAL” that worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    According to my letter........ “As far as practical, the Board of Directors think it is important that the shareholders should be entitled to be brought up to date concerning ownership matters.”...................”at an informal forum”.

It’s the “AS FAR AS PRACTICAL” that worries me.
    Well it does seem that they are admitting something is going on.

If you're lucky Ronnie they may even confirm that there and then.

Those sort of matters remind me of a statement in the rulebook relating to what passed for H&S iback in the day.

STATEMENT Lighting in the work place should be at a satisfactory level for workers to perform their duties.

DEFINITION The lighting must be sufficient and satisfactory for workers to carry out their duties.

It was really helpful at the time,

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Will it answer any questions 58 though? Its a letter on behalf of one of the owners involved in an ownership battle. Will there be any representatives of the Prince there? I would like to think so but doubt it as Tutton only mentions the McCabe family. At a time when the Club needs to be pulling together on the verge of something special we have this off field spat going on.

It shouldn't affect on field performances but invariably when your employers future is in doubt you begin to question you're own and there were undertones in CW's interview last night that this was part of the problem.

Looks like very near future in terms of resolving this is a long way off and a golden opportunity to get to the promised land is being put on the back burner whilst two egos battle with each other.

As it's an invite to SU Ltd shareholders therefore it's nothing to do with the Prince who has no involvement with that company. Unless by invitation he or his advisors have no right to be there. SU Ltd owns 50% of Blades Leisure Ltd and appear to be keeping those who have invested all those years ago informed. Why would you want them there? HRH can put out his own statements.

I've listened to Wilders interview several times. I'd be interested to be shown these undertones and at what point in the clips they were made. It was about the players, not the board.

The football club employs Wilder. Not McCabe or the Prince. There's no "doubt" about his employers future. His maybe if HRH takes over with his prospective Director of Football now on the board. Not something Chris is happy with.

It's been said from the start this wasn't going to be settled overnight or quickly, and I can't believe anyone thought it would be.

I believe so TT. Apparently he had an option to buy the other half (but not for £1j which he has now triggered.
    The uncertainty appears to be about which assets are included - and at what value. I assume (but don’t know) that he wants the land and buildings, but the McC’s don’t want to part with them.
    Hopefully, we will know a bit more after the meeting - although on past record - I’m not holding my breath.
    The club statement specifically states the process was started by the McCabes/SU Ltd. the Princes probable first refusal, not so much probable more legal option actually seems to be in response to that. The press didn't grasp that and reported wrongly.

The negotiations are about a price for the job lot. One of them needs to come up with serious cash, HRH probably double what it would cost Kevin McCabe. (Or their respective financiers/investors)

This. £1 thing is a complete red herring though and needs putting to bed. HRH has invested around £17m in share capital. He bought at share in a non trading company ( which owned the football club) for a pound. Then - like KMc - threw millions at it. Any mention of it in the deal is nonsense.

Promotion changes the whole picture, It will cost KMc at lot less to buy the Prince out ( and vice versa ) without it. Maybe Kevin was a step ahead......

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    The club statement specifically states the process was started by the McCabes/SU Ltd. the Princes probable first refusal, not so much probable more legal option actually seems to be in response to that. The press didn't grasp that and reported wrongly.

The negotiations are about a price for the job lot. One of them needs to come up with serious cash, HRH probably double what it would cost Kevin McCabe. (Or their respective financiers/investors)

This. £1 thing is a complete red herring though and needs putting to bed. HRH has invested around £17m in share capital. He bought at share in a non trading company ( which owned the football club) for a pound. Then - like KMc - threw millions at it. Any mention of it in the deal is nonsense.

Promotion changes the whole picture, It will cost KMc at lot less to buy the Prince out ( and vice versa ) without it. Maybe Kevin was a step ahead......
    I hope so H. The fear of the unknown under HRH is a concern

The above makes a lot of sense to me.
    One thing for sure, who-ever takes over they will want all the assets because ultimately that's where the long term value is, although i'm not dismissing the value of achieving "premier league status" and all the kudos that goes with it.

My guess is that McCabe has other investors interested, there is a lot of potential investors out there looking to buy clubs - unfortunately a lot of them are only interested in a financial return rather than the heritage of a club (AKA Hull City),
    i'm sure Kevin McCabe will make the correct choices and protect our great clubs heritage.

Cheers HC. All I seek is clarity. I am hoping clarity emerges “from the horses mouth” on Saturday. Obviously there is plenty still to be settled, but an accurate picture of past facts and the present situation, would be most welcome. Let’s see if that’s what we get.

Cheers HC. All I seek is clarity. I am hoping clarity emerges “from the horses mouth” on Saturday. Obviously there is plenty still to be settled, but an accurate picture of past facts and the present situation, would be most welcome. Let’s see if that’s what we get.
    Have a quiet word wi Redders Ronaldo,he met wi King Kev last Monday but wunt say owt abart their meetin,i spose cos of the nosey chuffs that were listenin over my shoulder,i mean the owd boy knows he could tell me owt and if he dint want it spreadin it would go no further,cos i'm discreet when i wanna be, very much like your goodself mi owd pal.UTCB

Can’t get to Stocky tomorrow Rod, so won’t see Redders before the meeting next Saturday. Should be able to get to the Hudd game at BDBL, so I’ll ask him there - and see if he tells me the same as the McC’s do at the meeting. After that, I’m off to get in some warm weather training. Back just in time to welcome uncle Neil back to BDBL!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast