+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donny fans turned away??

Donny fans turned away??

Just been to the local chippy in Brinsworth only to see outside a mass of Aston Villa supporters. Very friendly bunch.

Had a few minutes with them and asked if they thought they would clinch 2nd spot. They all more or less said Fulham would clinch it.

Anyway I digress. Mentioned our game with Donny and it being a local derby to which one of them piped up that a lot of Donny fans had been turned back. Didn't get the chance to ask him how he knew this as someone else raised a point.

Anyway know why this may have happened?

Yep SYP saying about 70 turned up this morning about 9ish in Roth. Coppers say they were intent on trouble and gave dispersal orders to them. I presume they took their tickets off em or they will be back.

Apparently if any of them tried to return to Rotherham and were caught they'd get. £2500 fine or 3 months in prison.

FFS this is South Yorkshire not Diyarbakir!

Anyone else dismayed about the Donny fans using child abuse as a way of trying to rile us. Dads and Grandads in the away end, vertually mocking these unfortunate girls. It made me sick to the stomach. Banter? Don't make me laugh.

The ability for people to be removed and threatened with jail when they have yet to commit a crime worries me.

Quite a lot of their fans seemed to be dickheads to be fair (their away fans anyway), quite a bit of scrapping, having to be held up for 10 minutes by the police because they were throwing missiles.

I think every club has dickhead fans (especially away) Rotherham no exception.

There were one or two angry exchanges in the north stand today among millers fans but you always seem to get that when we get a big crowd.

That means there must be areas that have been designated where the Police can issue dispersal notices..my understanding is that they can't just do it anywhere ..might be wrong of course - it's part of the Anti Social Behaviour Act
    Also the £2,500 fine and the 3 months is the maximum not what the Police can do, it only becomes a crime when it's ignored and then it would have to go to court.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    The ability for people to be removed and threatened with jail when they have yet to commit a crime worries me.
    Comes back to the Miners strike, I was arrested for going out of Yorkshire to go fishing without a rod in Sc*b land.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast