+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Stevenage 24/02/18

Strange game that. We were simply awful first half - lacking in skill and energy, not to mention the rubbish tactics - but things improved in the second after we brought Grant and Noble on. I left the game happy that we'd got 3 points but concerned by the performance. If we'd come up against a half decent side we'd have lost. We need to play with energy and urgency from the first minute, not half way into the second half. The first half it looked like we had nothing to play for, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Much needed win and 3 on the spin at home now so maybe #fortress is on for the second half of the season after those defeats.

Well done the fans - didn't expect 5000+ today.

Look forward to some first hand reports.
    What was the attendance?

I always enjoy reading the match thread when I get home & really feel for those who rely on the radio etc, in truth it was yet another unconvincing performance but, very importantly given our remaining games, another home win, with 20 minutes left I said to the guy next to me that it could go either way & it could be the most important 20 minutes of our season. We came through it & provided our manager has the bottle to continue to play 2 up front I see no reason to fear the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    What was the attendance?

I always enjoy reading the match thread when I get home & really feel for those who rely on the radio etc, in truth it was yet another unconvincing performance but, very importantly given our remaining games, another home win, with 20 minutes left I said to the guy next to me that it could go either way & it could be the most important 20 minutes of our season. We came through it & provided our manager has the bottle to continue to play 2 up front I see no reason to fear the rest of the season.
    A question for yourself and Slack......Collin seemed to take an age in the first half to kick the ball from his hands, shuffling his whole team up the field for 2 or 3 minutes each time....did it look like time~wasting to you and were the crowd getting a bit fed up with it?

The iFollow mic is in the Pavis and there seemed to be plenty of moaning at him to get a move on.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    A question for yourself and Slack......Collin seemed to take an age in the first half to kick the ball from his hands, shuffling his whole team up the field for 2 or 3 minutes each time....did it look like time~wasting to you and were the crowd getting a bit fed up with it?

The iFollow mic is in the Pavis and there seemed to be plenty of moaning at him to get a move on.
    There was plenty of moaning at Collin for his delay in distribution (which in fairness remains average at very best), but from where I was sitting in the Pavis I would say that this slowdown is largely down to management instruction.

In fairness it was a very poor game but we rarely looked like losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    There was plenty of moaning at Collin for his delay in distribution (which in fairness remains average at very best), but from where I was sitting in the Pavis I would say that this slowdown is largely down to management instruction.

In fairness it was a very poor game but we rarely looked like losing it.
    Cheers Mappers, I can never understand why we try to slow down the game down when we are 0~0 at home to a mid~table side....seems a bit bizarre to me, but in Nolo we trust....first half I thought Notts were dreadful, 2nd half we came out with a bit more intensity and the Grant and Noble subs pretty much turned the game IMO....onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Cheltenham and FGR away next. 4 points would be realistic if we're to continue pushing. Don't think we'll get 6.
    Let's go for 7! COYP

Husin is a different type of player, silky skills and a decent strike.....but when Stevenage are over~running our midfield, you need a battler and chaser.....it totally changed the game as all of a sudden it relieved the pressure on our back four who were just hoofing it into the air up until then.....now we were able to pick a pass out.....65 minutes of Stevenage domination.....30 minutes of Notts getting a grip and we score twice....simple really
    Husin will be a player and a half in League One if we get there

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Husin will be a player and a half in League One if we get there
    I think so too, he is a player that needs time and space which is only really happens in this division when the opposition are chasing the game. He is too lightweight for the battle at times which showed in his first half performance.

It's such a shame to be carrying so many midfielders when we are crying out for a quick striker.

Our smoking/vaping club all agreed at HT that if Collin played for Stevenage we would have been screaming for a booking for time wasting he was taking an age before launching it in the general direction of our front two, however having seen his one attempt a a quick release in the 2nd half it was probably understandable.

What a shyte match . Flucking freezing as well .

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast