+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Sheffield Wednesday

V Sheffield Wednesday

Absolutely abysmal 1st half

• Second best in every department

• No Balance

• NO creativity yet again

• NO O'Hare yet again

• Had S Wednesday converted 25% of their chances we would already be sunk

• Unless Bruce gets some of these player to either wake up from this stupor or into resuscitation we are dead & buried

• Still the good news is we have been further behind than this

• & STILL LOST !!!!
    Last edited by freer; 24-02-2018 at 04:14 PM.

They pulled it out though. People slagging off Hourihane but he keeps scoring. Whelan shut some people up as well. I saw people getting enraged because Jedi was dropped to the bench, but people pointed out how tired he looked after playing Blues, Fulham and Preston in 10 days. He isn't young anymore and that is why Whelan was bought in the first place.

This win will give Villa so much confidence. Bruce is going to have some huge decisions to make for the next line up.

Connor Hourihane is premier league quality in my opinion. I think Steve Bruce is preoccupied with the illness of his mum after his father's death. We keep on going! Impressive in this league! Look at Sunderland!

Agreed about SB. The players and coaches know their jobs by now. Let Steve deal with his family and pop in on game days, steal points off our opponents and go home.

2 very winnable games coming up, back on track so nothing to moan about here!!

Let's hope Cardiff drop some points as well. Good will and show of character today. Well done SB.

We could easily have lost this game and had no complaints, some of the defending today at times was desperate. What really struck me about the Blues game was the commitment from the forward players to press the ball when not in possession. Onomah looks like he doesn't give a f**k, this isn't a confidence thing as his lack of effort to track back will only serve to alienate his teammates.

We have rode our luck in plenty of games this season, some would say that's football but what goes around........

Totally agree Dave, we have nowt to moan about.
    We knew 15 months ago, when SB arrived, that it wouldn’t be pretty.
    We knew he is ultra defensively minded.
    We knew he didn’t do flowing football.
    We also knew that he gets teams promoted.
    We will grind out results that will defy logic with regards selection (Onomuck) and tactical nous, leading to us playing with 8 or 9 contributing players per game.
    SB defies logic, so there will be no logical outcome.
    We may well get promoted, but none of us will know HOW?

You have to earn the right to get promoted, If we have to do it from the playoffs so be it BUT even with Cardiff winning today, we still have a great chance, they have to come to VP and that game could be the decider! Fair play to Neil Warnock, he for once, has not shot his mouth off, just got on with it. There will be many twists and turns in these last 14 games and we have to be thankful we are where we are!!
    I would rather be on the fringe with 5 games to go than leading with teams breathing down your neck. If we are 3rd with 5 games to then we are in with a chance. Having watched the highlights now, I would say we were slightly fortunate in the first half but battered them in the 2nd. The game is all about taking your chances, just ask that Donkey who plays up front fro the SHA!
    In some twisted way though, I would rather (if I knew) win the Play off final, I know, I must be mad but we all want to write a good story and a Big day out in the smoke with 45,000 fans on a sunny day watching JT lift the trophy would do for me!

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Connor Hourihane is premier league quality in my opinion. I think Steve Bruce is preoccupied with the illness of his mum after his father's death. We keep on going! Impressive in this league! Look at Sunderland!
    I/we agree with you about Conor H of course, we wish he was still with us at Barnsley.
    And speaking of our team, what did you all think of us putting the Brummingham blue noses into the bottom 3 yesterday ?. In fact one or more of their fans got up and threw his season ticket in Cotterill's face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)