+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doncaster Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post
    That you down there twinny? Your dancing ain't improved
    Bit Harsh

Unfortunately not, my dancing shoes were hung up in the 00's, retiring at my peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Doncaster and their delightful fans got exactly what they deserved. Played a spoiling, time-wasting game from the first minute and it came back to bite them on the ar se.
    My thoughts exactly.

Me and 5 year old daughter just peeled ourselves off the ceiling! Both watching in our Millers shirts, it was her first taste of a last kick penalty victory!

Donny will be sick. They played perfect game against us and looked comfy until we finally found a cross! But what fighting spirit, right to the end! Brilliant!

The look on the Donny fans faces after the equaliser never mind the winner was priceless...loved it just a shame we couldn't milk it for 5 mins and gave fergie the sacked in the morning jibe but that ending was awesome...I didn't even hear the final whistle.

Whoooopy Do!

As others have pointed out te time wasting was incredible. I have the impresion that the ref played the additional time for the two injuries to their players. One caused by their keeper who had a really bad day and Wood broke their forrud when he showed great commitment in winning a ball.

Head tennis isn't good to watch but at least we have the players who aren't that bad at it.

Our fitness levels are going to keep Warne in employment or the rest of his life. We just don't know we're beat and when you think we'd gone almost two years without coming from behind to win it's another plus mark for this team.

We've seen in the las five games - Dominence! - Winning game play! - Fight and spirit to overcome the local rivals!

This period of games will be spoke of for years to come and it's set a bench mark that will be hard to equal!

Well done Millers I'll do the vote in the morning!

Made it hard for ourselves conceding the first goal from a silly defensive mistake which played right into their hands by constantly time wasting at every opportunity and stopping the flow of the game. Didn't think we was ever gonna score at one point but lucky enough we got that break through and after theres only gonna be one winner and that was us. If we got an early goal today it would have been alot easier than it was and we would have won comfortably imo.

Doncaster came and did what Ferguson said they needed to do which was press us and pick up the second balls. They also played a disruptive game by going down quite a lot, manhandling Smith at every opportunity and wasting time whenever. I sincerely hope the two lads are not seriously injured, but their going off were key moments in the game as we knew there would be at least 10 minutes after the allotted 90. 100 minute games seem to suit the Millers.

Things were not going right for the Millers. Over hit passes, lack of pace at times, wrong decision making and woeful dithering by Semi lead to a deserved deficit at half time. Add a referee, who, lets be kind and say has had better days and the Millers were struggling. And yet, as the saying goes, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Vaulkes and Towell started to make inroads and we started to get down the flanks.

Another key moment was the introduction of Ryan Williams who added a buzz to the team previously lacking. Pressure increased and when twelve added minutes came up it gave us some hope. Its been said by a few people, but the team have found different ways to win even when things are not going right. A superb free kick by Newall and great finishing by smith got us back on terms and then Persistence got us a penalty converted by Newall. Pandemonium!

Final thoughts and Comments:

1 Two games against Doncaster and the Millers have not scored in regular play. Three in 19 added on minutes, Fergie Time lol.

2 Newell had a strange game, things not always coming off, but made one and scored one.

3 Man of the Match for me was Woody. Never faulted and put a shift in.

4 Promoted teams are usually the ones who get results when perhaps things aren't going their way. Rotherham United are at this
    moment an irresistible force who are showing the resolution in the mould of a Porterfield or Moore team. And its brilliant.

5 Hell knows how it will end up, but at the moment its a great ride. Enjoy.
    Last edited by sCORaFU; 24-02-2018 at 08:34 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Where do you start? Up to 70 minutes, no chances or even shots on target. Donny's plan looked to have earned them a victory. Then...... Bang!!!. We clicked, and gradually took over. I would have settled for a point, but not the ever-battling Millers. Why their keeper didn't stop on his feet, and jockey Smith (?), only he knows. Instead, he went through the back of him. I would go crazy if the young goalies I've coached, did that

It all reminds me if a certain February 36 years ago. Let's hope this season doesn't end in disappointment the way that one did. Although I think we've already exceeded many expectations for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It all reminds me if a certain February 36 years ago. Let's hope this season doesn't end in disappointment the way that one did. Although I think we've already exceeded many expectations for this season.
    And the gold medal for being a buzz kill goes too

CAM

Congratulations 🥇

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast