+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doncaster Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    Doncaster came and did what Ferguson said they needed to do which was press us and pick up the second balls. They also played a disruptive game by going down quite a lot, manhandling Smith at every opportunity and wasting time whenever. I sincerely hope the two lads are not seriously injured, but their going off were key moments in the game as we knew there would be at least 10 minutes after the allotted 90. 100 minute games seem to suit the Millers.

Things were not going right for the Millers. Over hit passes, lack of pace at times, wrong decision making and woeful dithering by Semi lead to a deserved deficit at half time. Add a referee, who, lets be kind and say has had better days and the Millers were struggling. And yet, as the saying goes, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Vaulkes and Towell started to make inroads and we started to get down the flanks.

Another key moment was the introduction of Ryan Williams who added a buzz to the team previously lacking. Pressure increased and when twelve added minutes came up it gave us some hope. Its been said by a few people, but the team have found different ways to win even when things are not going right. A superb free kick by Newall and great finishing by smith got us back on terms and then Persistence got us a penalty converted by Newall. Pandemonium!

Final thoughts and Comments:

1 Two games against Doncaster and the Millers have not scored in regular play. Three in 19 added on minutes, Fergie Time lol.

2 Newell had a strange game, things not always coming off, but made one and scored one.

3 Man of the Match for me was Woody. Never faulted and put a shift in.

4 Promoted teams are usually the ones who get results when perhaps things aren't going their way. Rotherham United are at this
    moment an irresistible force who are showing the resolution in the mould of a Porterfield or Moore team. And its brilliant.

5 Hell knows how it will end up, but at the moment its a great ride. Enjoy.

Agree with all of that. I thought the ?25 mins that Wiliams had were great. Can you be a MoM by playing 25 mins ? Get him on the list Frog.

Midfield was bypassed for long periods, and too much in the air stuff. But it was a local derby. Donny were calmer on the ball first half.

Referee was shyte. Let them get away with time wasting all game. If you take the 8 + 2 for the injuries, 2 for the subs, he added on no time for time wasting.

Donny deserved what they got.

Good decision by Warne to take a defender off again. Didn'tnotice who got the armband .. Vaulks ?

It was closer to 20mins that should of been added, with hindsight it was just right though.

Donny better side for 60/70 mins

Although Warney made the right subs they should have been earlier

Ball hasn’t done much in last few games due to his height

Smith man handled all game, good goal, I didn’t see where the blatant foul was was that Ferguson is on about

Newell wasn’t his best but Mr Cool scores the pen

Vaulks did well at CB and deserved the Captain band after Wood went off

Towell MOTM for me, class

Donny just missed out on highest away attendance at NYS ( probs due to some getting turned away) Sheff U still hold it 11,758
    Last edited by millertop; 25-02-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Better side for 70 mins, really,you are joking of course.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Smith man handled all game, good goal, I didn’t see where the blatant foul was was that Ferguson is on about

Donny just missed out on highest away attendance at NYS ( probs due to some getting turned away) Sheff U still hold it 11,758
    Forgot to add; unsportmanship by them not giving us Ball back when their own keeper took his player out

EFL gave us result of day

Forgot to add; unsportmanship by them not giving us Ball back when their own keeper took his player out

EFL gave us result of day
    The ref actually restarted with a free kick to them ! Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    The ref actually restarted with a free kick to them ! Unbelievable.
    I wasn’t sure if he did but still they use their brain and just kick it to our keeper

He didn't give a free kick. Officially it was a dropped ball that we were told not to compete for. The ref made it quite clear that he had stopped the game for a head injury.
    You rarely see a proper dropped ball these days. In this case why not? The keeper messed up and him and the defender ended up in a heap - none of our players were involved. The ball was at Smith's feet in the area. If the injury had not happened we would have been in a very dangerous position. A contested dropped ball, even in that position would have been more advantageous to Donny than playing on.

It took me a while to realise that Smudger had scored the equaliser. I didn't recognise him. It was the only time he wasn't wearing a Donny defender round his neck

My thoughts same Millertop, I said to mate that Warney is leaving it late for sub, thing is Williams got warmed up ready, then disappeared down tunnel, for a p*ss proberly.
    Rotherham didn't get into their stride in the first half, with the erratic Ajayi again getting himself into a mix up & gifting them the goal.
    But the team pulled together in the second half, with a good goal from Smith, not bad for a player who came to the NYS, with a dismal CV, but turned it around & is proving his worth, the never say die in the Millers side is making things happen to the club.
    Ferguson coming on to the pitch at the end to speak to the referee, maybe got something off his father in asking for Ferguson extra time to be played.
    Donny came with a plan to smother the Millers, which worked out in the first half, with them chucking themselves on the floor antics, & more or less assaulting Smith, but he had the last laugh with his well taken goal.

Some of the saves on the line by players yesterday was outstanding for both teams.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast