+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 6 buying strikers in January

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Simply fact is we have good work ethic and team spirit but poor creative quality. CW cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Until we get some serious investment we can 100 percent forget about the Premiership, Thank god we had a good start. Creative midfielders, pace and quality strikers needed for next season but as someone once said we need quality not quantity.
    At the risk of upsetting some I have to beg the question why Wilder spent 6 months chasing Leonard and Holmes if he wasn't convinced they were the dogs. Maybe they are and need more time. Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    Bought/loaned quality
    Wolves - Afobe
    Cardiff - Madine
    Villa - Grabban
    Derby - Jerome
    Fulham - Mitrovic
    Bristol - Kent

We get a loan signing thats been injured and a couple average players. We didnt wanna push on for play offs and we clearly cant compete with these teams
    I understand the point you're making GoM, but for all of these, I'd consider those strikers (Kents a winger) as the icing on the cake for their squads. I think we're still making our cake, some might say, still finalising the recipe.

£6m for Madine, though? £6m!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    At the risk of upsetting some I have to beg the question why Wilder spent 6 months chasing Leonard and Holmes if he wasn't convinced they were the dogs. Maybe they are and need more time. Hope so.
    Plenty of fans were wantin these 2 in Sean(some even insisted with these signins we'd go on and get automatic promotion) if we hadn't signed em the board wudda got stick.I won't write either of yet cos we've barely seen either yet.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Plenty of fans were wantin these 2 in Sean(some even insisted with these signins we'd go on and get automatic promotion) if we hadn't signed em the board wudda got stick.I won't write either of yet cos we've barely seen either yet.UTCB

Nowhere in my post am I criticising anyone rod. I also suggested they will come goo in time. Problem is we need the finished article now,not after pre season next summer. That's the difference between our budget and that of our competitors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12