+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 6 buying strikers in January

Top 6 buying strikers in January

Bought/loaned quality
    Wolves - Afobe
    Cardiff - Madine
    Villa - Grabban
    Derby - Jerome
    Fulham - Mitrovic
    Bristol - Kent

We get a loan signing thats been injured and a couple average players. We didnt wanna push on for play offs and we clearly cant compete with these teams

Strikers aren't the problem. Harry Kane wouldn't score in our team when the supply is so s h it.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Strikers aren't the problem. Harry Kane wouldn't score in our team when the supply is so s h it.
    I know mate. Just saying we didnt really wanna do owt this season and january proves

Fair do's GOM.

I must admit letting out a rather deep sigh when we signed Wilson.
    Nothing against him but his injury record is the only reason he's here

He's the type of player that would have had a field day for us between August and November with lots of through balls and tricks and flicks playing him in behind the defence.

Not sure how he's going to win any flick ons to the opposition goalkeeper which seems to have become our style of play again

i still think the final third has been our main problem in the last 2 months i agree the service has been nowhere near good enough but weve got to sign 2 good strikers in the summer cant see donaldson lavery or wilson being here next season and still got grave doubts about ched

Like I’ve posted, Billy, Clarke and Donaldson’s ages add up to 100 years, that tells us all we need to know. Donaldson’s contract runs out in the summer so he needs to be on his bike. I’ve no idea why Clarke was given a good contract extension at his age, he’s done nothing since and I think he’ll be playing for Bury or Oldham this time next year, sorry to say he’s had his one moment in time as the song goes.

I’d keep Billy for another season but he’d be a bench player, we need younger players with plenty of pace.

Of course we still could go up, that would cause a few heart flutters.

maybe lst but for me there just hasnt been enough movement or threat from our front 2 whoever has been playing were crying out for brooks to be back in the team pace trickery and an eye for a goal think hes the one who could get.us in the play offs when we can get him back on the pitch

Brooks could definitely make the difference. I just hope his back pain isn’t serious.

As for the high pressing game, no question that’s the solution to the problem but maybe we just can’t maintain it this far into the season with the depth of squad we’ve got? Quite a few people in the game did say that it’d be tough to maintain it, the likes of Jack, Bash and Stevens have played in almost every game and they’re key to what we try to do.

Simply fact is we have good work ethic and team spirit but poor creative quality. CW cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Until we get some serious investment we can 100 percent forget about the Premiership, Thank god we had a good start. Creative midfielders, pace and quality strikers needed for next season but as someone once said we need quality not quantity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast